• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1800 providers

Craig

Lifes Good
NLC
Hi

Am looking for a 1800 number (USA) which can direct calls to our UK office, does anyone have some details on this, best/good providers?.

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend getting a 1-800 #. When customers see a 1-800 #, they say "oh, free call for me!" and then they call.. and call.. and call.. and boy do they call. They call in the AM, they call in the PM, they call in between. They even call unrelated to your services.

Robert said:
I wouldn't recommend getting a 1-800 #. When customers see a 1-800 #, they say "oh, free call for me!" and then they call.. and call.. and call.. and boy do they call. They call in the AM, they call in the PM, they call in between. They even call unrelated to your services.

I see your point, what would you recommend then?.

Craig said:
I see your point, what would you recommend then?.

If you do want a 800 #, I would put the hours of operation so they understand. Somethinng like M-F 10AM - 5PM. But let them know that 24/7 is available via the forums or online chat. You could even put that as the answering machine during non-working hours on the 800 #.

Robert said:

Yep, they just call.

Hey, I might invest in this idea. Nobody calls me. :(

:D

Robert said:
If you do want a 800 #, I would put the hours of operation so they understand. Somethinng like M-F 10AM - 5PM. But let them know that 24/7 is available via the forums or online chat. You could even put that as the answering machine during non-working hours on the 800 #.

Well I already use a 08700 number plus our local office number + a 24/7 access number but looking for something in the USA now, what about VOIP?.

Robert said:

THANK YOU!!!!

finally someone who agrees with me on this. That is why I love email and trouble ticket stuff so much. I actually had a guy call me at 4:30am..yes AM to tell me my msn name was unprofessional (sales @ availnetworks.net, not sure how thats unprofessional but whatever)and that I should change it, then proceeded to give me business advice that was WAY off base anyway. He talked and talked for about 5 mins and the only thing I said in return is "look man it's 4:30am and your calling to tell me this now, go find something else to do" click

apparently I responded to one of his forum posts like a day earlier and got this......silly humans

I use http://www.tollfreelive.com/ . I use their virtual office program, which allows me to recorded menu (Hello, thank you for calling, press 1 for,press 2 for..ect), several extensions. I can forward each extension to a number or to voice mail box. I can also set it to forward calls to a phone number during certain hours only and at other times it sends then to voice mail. You can call in and get your voice mails or have them sent to your email as a .wav file.
I have found clients seem to feel companies with toll free numbers have a more professional image. I have not had a problem with abuse in the year I have had mine.

Back