• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

15GB with 1 TB bandwidth needed

i suggest a dedicated server,

if u want
start with little, if your business goes well, and u needed more, than try and goo higher.

Ditto.

I recommend to get your own box aswell. Hosts will give you what you're looking for at a far cheaper price but are probably never reliable, options are are higher are usually the same cost as a dedicated server you can find.

I don't know how someone can use 1TB of bandwidth just for themselves :p...(only in the odd occasions)

I use 1TB quite easily...

I've been testing out a few shared hosts that offer 1TB or more and once you start using 30GB+ bandwidth a day they suspend your account. The usual dispute is CPU resources, which I don't see being possible because I use the hosting account as a file server so there is no processing just file downloads using apache which don't use as much CPU% as they claim, either that or they have Apache configured badly.

For what your asking its a large requirement for starting up, trust me it will take at least a month or 3 before you can use that much, I don't know any site that during its first month of creation is able to generate that much bandwidth usage. Its taken me 4 months to achieve 1+TB bandwidth usage for my site.

The problem your facing here is not bandwidth usage, it will be CPU usage because of the scripts you intend on running, so the only way you would be able to keep this going is your own VPS/Dedicated server, If I were you I would start off with a VPS with no control panel (minimize resources used) and setup on there.

you should evaluate your requirements more closely. Are you really in need of 1tb of transfer and 15gb of space or are you interested in far lower specs.

If you are just starting in this type of industry it will take you a long time to get the amount of traffic to soak up 1tb of transfer.

Also the other thing you will run into with shared hosting is cpu usage, if you have a database driven site chances are IF you are using that much data transfer you will far exceed what a shared host or even a vps can offer you.

:| thats the issue with today all these new hosts are bending over for them witch will result in more bad hosting reviews and hosts going bankrupt.
at the end of the day my 100mbit dedi can only pull 5-6 TB P/M lol.
and lets not be fooled nearly every new/cheap host has 100mbit dedis not 1gbit

End result i agree totaly with what your saying
and
I susgest the person wanting this getting a dedi
becuse at the end of the day what you want is to use up 1/4th of a dedis resorces its going to cost you atleast 100$ P/m for a good host
or you can go cheap and complain when it dont work lol.
(You can get a cheap dedi with 1TB bw for around 80+ USD P/m

Back