• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

11 Year old jailed for murder... What?!

Cam.

Pro
NLC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29314843/

WAMPUM, Pa. - Police in western Pennsylvania say an 11-year-old boy has been charged in the death of a pregnant woman who was found shot in a bedroom of her farmhouse.

Police say the boy is charged with criminal homicide and criminal homicide of an unborn child in the killing of 26-year-old Kenzie Marie Houk. The victim was 8 months pregnant.

Lawrence County police issued a statement saying the boy had been arraigned and sent to the county Jail.

Does this sound right to you? An 11 year old in jail?! At 11 my mum still packed my lunchbox and brushed my hair. Is this a common occurrence in the USA? :eek3::eek3:

That's nothing man and is the "In Thing" in the United States.
I have been involved in a group who are trying to have children kept out of Adult Court and Adult Jail. However, this is becoming a serious issue because a large majority of Americans support this legislation.

Do a google search on "Tyler Edmonds" to read one of our success stories.

Not uncommon in the UK either.
PS: Yes, it is wrong that children of 11 are being sent to jail, but why is that an issue, when things like capital punishment are dished out? Age has nothing to do with it. It depends on the person, if the child can cause murder then they deserve to be sent to jail for it.

Last edited:
Whoever gave him access to the gun, should get the charges instead. I don't believe giving the death penalty or keeping the child in jail forever is going to do any good. Getting the boy help instead will make a big difference.

In the U.S. , they just let you rot in prison or jail. It doesn't help at all in my opinion. You just sit in jail or prison thinking about what you done. Majority of the people come back due to the fact that most companies won't hire felons and pretty much your worthless in society now.

Not uncommon in the UK either.
PS: Yes, it is wrong that children of 11 are being sent to jail, but why is that an issue, when things like capital punishment are dished out? Age has nothing to do with it. It depends on the person, if the child can cause murder then they deserve to be sent to jail for it.

Of course they should be punished. But there is a huge difference between a child and an adult.
An 11-year-old's brain is probably not even fully developed.

How do you punish a child with murder?
We immediatly think jail with adults, but by the age of 11, they know what they are doing.

How do you punish a child with murder?
We immediatly think jail with adults, but by the age of 11, they know what they are doing.

I am talking about placing an 11-year-old child in an Adult Jail with rapists. I wonder who are the real criminals here. The kids or the people that support such a crazy and inhumane law?

but by the age of 11, they know what they are doing.

Really? But they really know the seriousness of it?

11 year olds don't go to "big jail", they go to Juvenal. And yes and no, it depends on the person.

edit: It even says that in the article!

WAMPUM, Pa. - A western Pennsylvania jail warden says he'll ask a judge to move an 11-year-old boy accused of killing his father's pregnant girlfriend to a juvenile detention center.

They get fed, educated, housing, only difference is it's with other minors. Then when the kid turns 18, he'll go to the "big jail".

Last edited:
11 year olds don't go to "big jail", they go to Juvenal. And yes and no, it depends on the person.

They get fed, educated, housing, only difference is it's with other minors. Then when the kid turns 18, he'll go to the "big jail".

Really? Have you done much research into the US Justice System?

Tyler Edmonds - Sentenced to Life without Parole until aged 65
He was 14 Years of Age. Was sent to a State Penn in MS surrounded by Child Rapists and Murderers. Now free at aged 19 due to a Retrial where he was found Not Guilty of murdering his Sister's husband. Go to http://www.freetyler.org

Christopher Pittman - Aged 15- Sentenced to 30 Years

The list can go on. Check http://www.kidsincourt.net

If the kid KILLS somebody he deserves whats coming to him jesus. Your backing a kid who killed somebody? Let them see whats coming to them.

I suppose it's true, ALL Americans DO carry a gun.

I carry a weapon of mass destruction in my pants. :D

Anyways, its unfair to give them adult treatment. Especially at that age when they are controlled and influenced by parents.

There are ways of punishing them. Such as Juvenile Hall until they reach a mature age such as 18 or 21. Then assessed to see if they should be be sent on to Adult Jail.
While in Juvenile Hall they should be treated for psychiatric and psychological issues and rehabilitated. Sentencing a kid to life in an adult jail from a young age such as 10 or 12 etc is certainly not solving anything.

"updated 2:21 p.m. ET Feb. 22, 2009"

It used to say county jail which is why I started this thread ;) Juvenile detention center at 11 though. I mean, they won't even know what they've done!

That kid should of killed her up here in Canada. Then he'd just be tried as a youth and get a year of house arrest

Yes I agree with Dan, the kid should be punished but not to the big jails. At 11 he knows what hes doing but only fior some extent.

I was just watching the news and they had this on there.

As of now he has been moved to a Juvenile Detention Center. However he is still being charged as an adult. Since being in the adult facility he has been isolated from the other people there. So it was not like he was around all of them.

Then again thats what the news said. We all know how accurate they can be :p

Back