• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

100mb + FTP + no file size limit

www.tripod.co.uk

tripod.co.uk has 50mb, no file size limit and ftp. you can get as many accounts as needed as far as i know.

Re: www.tripod.co.uk

Originally posted by sk0rpion
tripod.co.uk has 50mb, no file size limit and ftp. you can get as many accounts as needed as far as i know.

I thought they will delete large files as soon as you upload it.

Just link to an HTML page in your Tripod account, which then links to the files. Then, they can't really bust you for hotlinking.

Originally posted by Cracker
Just link to an HTML page in your Tripod account, which then links to the files. Then, they can't really bust you for hotlinking.
That would fall under 'remote file storage' and is against most free webspace host's TOS. You can't have your space filled with files for download, have one HTML file linked from another site and then expect them to not close your account if they find out.

Yeah, I guess you're right. The whole website should be hosted with Tripod UK if you have to host your files there as well. Playing "piggyback" with a free host like that would probably also entice them to shut your site down for disproportionate bandwidth usage to HTML page (and advertisement) views (this is basically an unwritten rule on almost all unmetered traffic FWP's).

Back