• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1 tb free hosting - ezoka.info

Well all things considered, I honestly hope you would reconsider the offer you have. 1TB of space and bandwidth looks awfully silly when you limit people to 100KB per file.

May I ask why you have that as an offer, rather then something that is less ridiculous looking? As mentioned before, I would assume it is impossible for a regular site to approach that as would like 1GB/10GB with the file restriction in place. That would look more professional and draw far less criticism then a 1TB/1TB offer with a 100kb restriction.

We want the service to be a source of basic free web hosting, and also the storage of personal files. Whether these are photos, documents, or what-have-you. As an illustration of the physical size of most files, I have an uncommonly large, 2-page resume - the physical file size is only 54.5 kb. So a 100 kb file-size limit can accommodate most non-warez files. Of course, this service is not designed to hold something like book manuscripts, but that's part of our strategy to fight the hosting and distribution of warez. It is unrealistic to assume a hosting service can inspect every customer account to ensure it is hosting legal content - so we have to resort to other measures.

Having said that, I am not entirely against raising the file-size limit. But our service is brand-new and we need to figure out more about how people will be using it and what kinds of issues we might face in terms of the content hosted with us. Keep in mind that while 1 TB of storage space does seem absurd at first glance, we are targeting users who will maintain their accounts for many years, accumulating files over time (hence one of the reasons I have FTP access on the drawing board). When you consider this multi-year accumulation, such a large amount of storage space no longer seems so ridiculous.

I hope this helps to clear it up a little bit better.

No offense, but I couldn't use your service to upload any of my files. My custom-coded scripts which run calculator functions as well as some other scripts which are add-ons to my forum, take up at least 1Mb. Now, if I wanted to upload a personal site, I'd like a blog and pictures. My pictures start at over 3Mb a piece, as they are high definition pictures. Now, if I had pictures, I would want small videos from my phone or something which are around 500kb a piece to around 2-3Mb. These aren't the greatest quality, lol.

Now, unless I wanna go back around 10 years ago, then I couldn't even host a small site with you. As majority of my files would be over 100kb per file.

Schmarvin, this is true, but consider:

1. Our service isn't designed to host sites with custom-coded scripts - at least not yet. Again, it's new, and we're just testing the waters. We don't want resource-intensive sites hosted with us yet.

2. Photos of this quality could be hosted on something like photobucket or img2net for free and then linked to from your Website. HTML coding takes up very little space.

Just a couple of thoughts. Again, we're not 100% against increasing the file-size limit - but it's something that must be considered. Our target user is certainly not someone looking to run scripts and the like. And as I said a couple of times already, this service may not be for everyone, but there are already quite a few people who have found it to be useful as evidenced by the amount of content they've uploaded. For those who cannot be properly services by our free hosting, there are at least one hundred other, good free hosts out there who provide something with less space but with scripting, databases, larger file-size limits, etc. With free hosting, there are trade-offs - we're just trying to find the right mix for ezoka.

TSO its better to get to the base first, warez are mostly shared compressed in .zip or .rar, restrict all compression formats + pdf format (to restrict ebooks sharing).
and a normal warez size is more then 2 mb, cuz about min. 800kb to 1.3mb size is taken by installation maker software. so please either put a default installer on ur hosting like fantastico which could offer main scripts like wordpress and mybb. and with this increase limit to 200kb.

noumans, I've been in Web hosting since August 2004 and have studied (and unwillingly experienced the effects of hosting) warez quite extensively since then. Your feedback is interesting, but it does not match my real-world experience.

Having said this, improvements are coming. We're taking the feedback here to heart. :)

noumans, I've been in Web hosting since August 2004 and have studied (and unwillingly experienced the effects of hosting) warez quite extensively since then. Your feedback is interesting, but it does not match my real-world experience.

Having said this, improvements are coming. We're taking the feedback here to heart. :)

if you are working with hosting stuff from 2004 then you are still newbie because i am in hosting and software biz since before 2000, keep the facts in mind anyways hosting is yours and its totally on you how you want it to be. still if you any time need my assistance then you can communicate with me.

Back