• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. J

advertwizard

Anyone know what's up with them? The domain name now just points to a registrar's page. Perhaps there is a tech fault but it's been over a day and I fear the worst. jpoc
  2. J

Free->ad free->paid host wanted

I've been asked by a friend to recommend a host. He is starting out and wants to begin on a free host but wants a choice of moving to an ad-free or properly domain hosted option later. Can anyone suggest a company that offers all three services so that he could join the free one and move...
  3. J

Moving my domain to my new host

I own jpoc.net and it is registered through uk2.net. I am nearing the end of my 12 months hosting contract and I am moving to a new host. I have chosen focalhosting.com. I have a facility there now with a dedicated IP. So, I uploaded all of my files to the new site. I then tested it with a...
  4. J

any focalhosting experiences?

I was about to sign up with worldzonepro when they hit their problems so I had another look around. I found focalhosting.com who seem to offer exactly what I need. Does anyone have any experience of them as a hosting company? Thanks jpoc
  5. J

using uk2.net as a registrar for a worldzoneprone hosted site

For obvious reasons (if you read the paid hosting forum) I am moving my site from uk2.net. As long as they complete their server move soon, I'll move my site to worldzonepro. wzp does not offer domain registry services, you need a separate registrar and to point the domain at the wzp name...
  6. J

hosting on uk2.net, july 2001 a service in disintegration.

I'm posting this for the record as a service to anyone looking for a uk based host. I moved my site to uk2.net in late August 2000. At the time, the hosting deal offered everything that I needed. Over the first ten months, the service was fine. There were a couple of minor, short outages but...
  7. J

uk2.net ftp problem, files deleted, no space

I just tried to ftp today's new pages up to my site which is hosted on uk2.net. The ftp failed with a message: 452 Transfer aborted. No space left on device. As a side effect, they also deleted the online copies of the files that I was not able to upload. My account is is good order...
  8. J

Odd things in my log files

I run a small, low volume website. I try to keep an eye on my log files on a regular basis. Mostly so that I can check for problems like 404s, get some idea of how folks use the site and where they come from. On a few occasions, I have seen something in the logfile that I really just do not...
  9. J

clickxchange, are any of their ads paying?

I joined clickxchange just to see. I signed up for a CPC button that should have have a good CTR to one part of my site. I was right, the CTR is 4%. But no cash. Turns out that cx still list advertisers even if they have no money and let publishers run ads for free. So I looked at...
  10. J

uk2.net any experience?

I guess that the subject says it all. The prices appear good but is this true? How is the reliability, performance etc? jpoc
  11. J

Whatever happened to: Tripod builder bucks

The tripod builder bucks programme was announced a little over a year ago. The deal was that tripod members who attracted more than 100 page views a day could sign up for what was basically a CPM deal. USD1 for those with over 1000 page views per day and half that for those with less. Seeing...
Back