• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. K

Redesigned site - Does it work?

Thanks so much for the comments everyone! I've redone the look of the front page and (hopefully) have improved it. I changed the title to make it look centered and more unique and I added section titles onto the background. Thanks for the suggestion to add some of the links onto the...
  2. K

Thanks again! Thanks for the reply Archbob. I do want to have the links overlap the motorcycle to give it the "magazine look". My problem is finding link colors that stand out yet still look good on the bike. Any suggestions?
  3. K

Thanks! Thanks for the reply Jan! Eric's sending me a disk with his new work on it, so it shouldn't be too long before there's some more on the site. I'm not really sure what you mean by "the logo and the bike are sort of ummmm big". If anyone has any suggestions for better link colors...
  4. K

I have just redesigned a site for the first client I ever had. http://gallery.passion4art.com/members/leidecker/index.html (Yes it's a free server, but no templates were harmed, or used in the making of this website) My intention was to make the front page look like a magazine cover...
  5. K

Quick Review

Print outs First I want to say, I like your layout. It looks like everything will be straitforward and easy to get to. As far as printables.... If you are planning on posting tutorials or something students will want to reread at a later time (or use as a reference), providing them with...
  6. K

[Merged] Please check my portfolio for me

Sorry! my goof up. I ment to reply to my post and hit the wrong button. I didn't mean to start a new thread and I can't seem to delete it. :(
  7. K

Thanks so much! Thanks for the screenshot. I found the gif. I'll try to figure out why it's pushing the word navigation down. I always appreciate the help! :)
  8. K

What did I do wrong? Thanks for the heads-up on the navigation problem. I don't have Mozilla on my Mac right now. Could you show me a screenshot of how it's being obstructed so I can figure out what went wrong? I'd appreciate it! :) Thanks again
  9. K

Thank you! I appreciate you both taking a look for me. Layers can really cause me fits sometimes. This contest will be aimed at artists who upload their work using site builders (which only gives you so many options) and those that don't have a site yet, so hopefully there will be a lot of...
  10. K

my very humble little site

Tooooo Funny! That has got to be the best webpage I've seen in a very long time! Just 1 question: Will my cockmonkey get along with my gigapet? Excellent job! :biggrin2:
  11. K

Please check my portfolio for me Hello everyone! I would like to ask for your help. I am trying to put my portfolio of site designs together for a contest. I am not sure though if the layers are showing up properly on everyone's machine. I'm still using a very outdated 13 inch monitor so...
  12. K

New member - please critique my art site!

Found the Snooty font! Sorry it took me a little while (trying to do 50 things at once). I found a place to download the Snooty font (along with some other beautiful fonts. The url is: http://www.themeworld.com/fonts/script1.shtml I didn't download the fonts myself from there, so I...
  13. K

I've been using a font called "Snooty" for my headers and large type links. (I use Arial for smaller type... it's the only one I can read in a small font) I wish I could tell you where I got it (it's been so many years ago) but knowing me, it had to be a free resource, so if you check around...
  14. K

Gosh... thank you so much meow and pro5ject! I have been putting together a site for the art group I am in, so I haven't been around the boards for the last few days. What a nice surprise to come back to. :) btw: the site is at...
  15. K

Thanks so much for all the great advice I am looking forward to playing around with Photoshop 6 and seeing what I can come up with for text images... hee hee. I like the idea of trying a little variation with my fonts, although I do want the fonts on the title images to all be the same...
  16. K

You are too kind! Aaaaarrrrrggggg! the horrors of the textured background. I've redone that one twice, but it insists on being just a little off. I see it everytime I look at the page. I'd use transparent gifs for all of them, but I seem to have this thing for drop shadows. :)...
  17. K

Thanks zazoo I didn't even think of that. I think you're right. I'm going to add written. Now come on everyone.... please be harsh and give me suggestions for improvements (I can take it. I'm tough) :) I KNOW there is no such thing as a "perfect" website, so what can be made better...
  18. K

Hello everyone! This is my first visit here. I have an educational art site that I need critiqued. http://CPchallenge.com I have worked on it for some time now, but I'm too close to it to see what the problems are. I want to try to make it beautiful as well as instructional. Please...
Back