• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Redesigned site - Does it work?

KarenArt

I have just redesigned a site for the first client I ever had.

http://gallery.passion4art.com/members/leidecker/index.html
(Yes it's a free server, but no templates were harmed, or used in the making of this website)

My intention was to make the front page look like a magazine cover.

Does it work? Does it look good?

He is sending me some new artwork and better images of the ones I have on the site now, so the artwork images won't be so pixelated when I update his images.

Also, don't expect any flash at this site... I'm still learning flash and am not ready to put it on a site yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi Karen, let us know when you get the new artwork, the logo and the bike are sort of ummmm big :p

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Jan!

Eric's sending me a disk with his new work on it, so it shouldn't be too long before there's some more on the site.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "the logo and the bike are sort of ummmm big".

If anyone has any suggestions for better link colors on the cover page, please let me know. That is the one thing that really bothers me.

Thanks again. :)

Actually, its quite good, except where your red words run into the tire of the motorcycle.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply Archbob.

I do want to have the links overlap the motorcycle to give it the "magazine look". My problem is finding link colors that stand out yet still look good on the bike.

Any suggestions?

- Maybe have some links at the right hand side of your "magazine" to make it more realistic?

C-

P.S. I hope this mark won't discourage you. I'm sure there are better to come. ;)

Thanks so much for the comments everyone!

I've redone the look of the front page and (hopefully) have improved it.

I changed the title to make it look centered and more unique and I added section titles onto the background.

Thanks for the suggestion to add some of the links onto the right Red Guy.
That seemed to help the look quite a bit.

Let me know if you think the new look is any better.

http://gallery.passion4art.com/members/leidecker/index3.html

I appreciate the help! :)

Back