• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by Jon.

1. J

Jewlzk.com Gone?

Well, Jewlzk.com's server is at least showing up now (albeit as a cpanel page). Well I'm sorry then, I was just trying to lighten the mood a little. I now realise that such trivialities are not appreciated and will stay so on topic as though my feet were nailed to it. :) Hey hey, don't...
  2. J

Jewlzk.com Gone?

Just off topic, why is Gordon Brown fronting your testimonials? :p
  3. J

Jewlzk.com Gone?

Not impressed. I've been getting a hell of a lot of downtime recently, and this just takes the biscuit. I was actually planning on moving anyway, but I'm still annoyed. I'm on optimus prime, and I can get on through cpanel and ftp (luckily, as I have no other backups). All I can do is hope the...
  4. J

Powweb?

Yeah, that's my main worry - if it seems too good to be true, it is. I don't need that much space. I really only need about 10 or 15gb for the same (or preferably less) than what I'm paying now. I'm still looking around really, and one interesting host that's popped up is Lunarpages (not...
  5. J

Powweb?

So what's the verdict? Shall I go for it, or keep looking?
  6. J

Powweb?

Well not technically lying, since there used to be quite a few staff, but I haven't seen them online for yonks. I don't doubt that Powweb are truth benders (haha, I'm funny...) to a degree. I'm not even touching the domain offer because I know it'll be horribly expensive to renew. What...
  7. J

Powweb?

I've just moved away from a ridiculously small host. Supposedly they have around 10 staff members, but really there's just one person chasing around to get everything done. It's fine until something breaks, and then it takes a whole lot longer than it should. I don't really mind not having...
  8. J

Powweb?

I'm looking for a new host, and Powweb have been reccommended to me. Does anyone have any experience with them? I can't find anything other than a few reccommendations, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience and would like to share, that'd be great. The deal they're offering seems very...
  9. J

Static-Host

Not to doublepost, but down again?
  10. J

Static-Host

Down again? I haven't been able to get on all morning. Siteuptime.com gives failed messages, and anonymouse.org says timeout. Can anyone shed some light on the situation? EDIT It seems to be just the DNS that's down. Still, i can't get on... EDIT Back up now.
  11. J

Static-Host

Are we down again? I can't access the site, email or ftp, and siteuptime.com is giving statichost.co.uk and my site a fail.
  12. J

Static-Host

I don't think there's a particular reason for them chosing statichost, but phishing is going on on a huge scale. Being a member on ebay for only a few months, i've really been surprised by the dozens of fake emails left right and center (as just about everyone gets). Most probably a coincidence...
  13. J

Static-Host

Glad it's being sorted out :)
  14. J

Static-Host

It's a shame that statichost are so short on staff, really. As you said, SH are usually exceptionally good with contacting people. It's just a shame that a large downtime gets rid of so many clients, too. My site is hardly of any importance, so all i recieve is a few "damn, how annoying"s, but a...
  15. J

Static-Host

That's also true. Maybe he'll consider hiring some more staff now, since this has happened before.
Back