• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bye Bye Trexhost.com

I'm about heart broken about this .... Trexhost was the first hosting company
that I liked, admired and respected. The customer service was usually wonderful.

I'm also really, really, really upset right now. The employees have known that there was a problem for quite some time. I did a whois on the risginweb.... domain name and it shows it was created 10 January 2008 and registered to Brent.

You've all known about this for long enough to notify people to give them
time to make decisions.

Above, you said that Trexhost wasn't shutting down until 8 February. Well, I cannot get into any of my sites since early today.

Two and a half days is pretty short notice and pretty crappy treatment
for your "beloved customers".

I hadn't a clue how to transfer any info and now, I guess it doesn't matter.
I'm stuck. Sorry guys, but with treatment like this, I don't think I will be on
your band wagon. I have 12 sites that I now have to try to reassemble. Email that I cannot get.

I've made two phone calls and no one has called me back.

One very important thing I've learned from this is to back up my sites. This
was really my first major experience with creating and setting up so many sites.

I wish you well. I know that you've been dealing with challenges, too. Wish you had considered the customers best interest, as well. I feel really foolish now when I think about how hard I defended Trexhost and myself when I gushed about your service. Karen

To our beloved customers,
Michael Hobgood
Former Vice President, Trex Technologies LLC
CEO, RisingWebWorks.com
Your customers? As CEO of risingwebworks.com, contacting trex customers is inappropriate, not to mention misleading, malicious and unethical. Why not contact them in a more respectful way like this:

Tear Trex Technologies LLC customers; we have become aware due to our unique position of insider knowledge that your hosting company is now unstable, unsustainable, and will be closing very soon. We know this because some of us were former employees there, and as such we would like to invite you to move to our company risingwebworks.com.

Your email, Michael F. Hobgood, is deceptive.
Due to recent complications and events occurring at TrexHost.com, our
doors will be closing. These last two years have been the most amazing,
educational years of our lives here at TrexHost, strong bonds have been
established with our customers, and we don't have to see these customer
relations end.
Keep digging. Maybe I'll steal a database of your customers and send them an email without your authorization that you'll be closing your doors?
The reason of our closure is in part due to the absence of the owner as
many of you have become familiar with.
This would give you authorization to notify Trex customers, if you still worked for Trex. You are both misrepresenting your position; and misrepresenting the situation at Trex.
Over the last few months I, Michael Hobgood, and Steven Pecroni have worked
diligently in order to try to keep things running smoothly all of which
without pay. I, along with Brent Hartzell,formed a new company known as
RisingWebWorks.com,formed in early 2007, which has been growing rapidly. I am
confident our staff and quality services will exceed those formerly present
at TrexHost.com.
You are making this claim based on private, confidential inside-knowledge of your previous position; using the information in that way may be illegal.
We would like to encourage each and every single one of you to signup with
our new company http://RisingWebWorks.com/. Once you have done this,
please open a ticket with us and include your domain/user/pass for your
account at Trexhost and modify your name servers and we will transfer your
account to our machines as soon as possible. We have full access to
Trexhost's serves while they remain online and can resolve any problems
that arise.
This is simply the lowest form of business that has been my unfortunate displeasure to witness.
- Please remember to cancel your current subscription with TrexHost.com
Okay, now I'm sure that you can't possibly have authorization to make that request of Trex customers.
I realize many of you are going to have questions. Please feel free to
call our office directly at 443-569-5052 or email me
(michael@risingwebworks.com). You can also contact Steven Pecronie by
email at (steven@risingwebworks.com), or you can also chat with our live
chat technicians or submit a ticket through our client area.

It is unfortunate that Trexhost has had to close but it is in the best
interest of everyone involved for the time being. If you have any
questions please make sure to contact us. We will work with you to ensure
you are happy and things go smoothly and we will like to thank you for
your patience during these last few months.

I will look forward to those of you who choose to signup with us at
http://RisingWebWorks.com/ shortly.
Something tells me that it is your fault you couldn't contact the owner of TrexHost - no one else's.

[size=+2]You are contacting the customers of another competing company, under the pretence that you are authorised to do so. You're trying to steal customers, you've lied about and misrepresented your new company; in an attempt to make it sound more favourable to their clients. You have admitted right here in this forum that your employees do not have authorization to touch the accounts at Trex which is why you're requesting usernames & passwords. You are dishonest, and your business practices/strategies are IMHO simply deplorable.[/size]

It also appears, but I can't prove this, that you have deliberately tried to shut down accounts early at Trex so that the customers have no other way of recovering their websites except through making a new hosting deal with your new company.

First of all....

Mike, please watch yourself as I will pay for James lawers myself!

the following are plain and simple, stating that people are immature because they are pissed off makes you more immature than them, I will also promise you that your RisingWebWorks.com will NOT go anywhere! Period! I will spend Day and Night posting everywhere and make sure of that!

If you were so concerned about trex host customers your first priority would to assist them at backing up their files and at least posting on the site that there is the potential for a shut down, also giving new sign-ups the chance to walk away.. wonder how many people have paid and now?

are you taking that money too?

I actually would have prob moved with you if you would have handled yourself more professionally. you did it WRONG... Shame on you and watch out!
say good bye, don't think just because this is the internet that you can do what you are doing and get away with it, it's going to bend you over and **ck you good.

I think everyone at least deserves the chance to get their stuff off of the servers,,, now I have to hunt you down.

And you are?

And you are?

Honestly and under the circumstances good luck to them however they are - and I would not normally say anything like that, but under these circumstances it was to be expected.

for the benifit of Google and other search spiders/crawlers -

RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com

Help get this thread to the top of their search results :lol:

Well, I thought I'd chime in.

I'm a trexhost user and got this email like on the 28th and my sites are down already.

I really don't know what to say. I went with a smaller business because I knew they'd put more emphasis on customer service, which they did.

The email is a joke. When I signup for hosting, should be asking for a picture of the owners ID to make sure they're not 16?

I found the email highly unprofessional. Why the hell would I goto your new hosting company when you have associated yourself with a business that can't even function, can't even find their boss?

I'm pretty sure what you did is illegal. It's fraud, and corporate espionage. And the fact that trexhost is shutting down in a non reasonable time frame, a judge may find that coercive in nature.

I'm a very understanding guy. I get it. "---- happens" (I can say ---- right?). I get it and even if that story is true, I get it, but you handled it unprofessionally. This isn't the playground where you're fighting over the sandbox, this is a business. Your clients are in a business. You are in a business.

I'm just disgusted at the manner in which this was handled. ---- happens, but the real character of people come out when they have to deal with ----.

I didn't use the same handle here as I used over at trexhost because I wouldn't be surprised if you'd violate the privacy policy and post information to some how "get back" at me.

PS: Guaranteed 10 days to move my stuff, down in 2.5 days. ---- you!

Wow, I made a post and it's not showing up for some reason. I'm too pissed off to rewrite it.

I'm pissed off even more. I went over to the WHT forum and it's stated Rising webworks was formed just in january, with the anticipation of trexhost going down. Over here, michael said it's been up for a year.

So he's lying.
AND!!!
At january 10th, they knew things were going down, but they waited 18 days to tell the customers about it.

Who am I?

And you are?

Who am I? Who are you? and do I really care?

I am a person who has been pissed off by Micheal and his group for the way they have handled themselves with Trex Host.

They could have stayed and helped the customers they so badly want and make sure they are ok, that to me would have shown that they do indeed care like they say they do , it would prove it to everyone, instead.. they save their own asses and say"oh..trexhost is closing on the 8th (chuckle, chuckle) but you can come with us, we are more expensive and the plans have changed allot. even then people who would like to move over can't even get a hold of them and are VERY leary because their website isn't completed and only registered for one year. I design websites, I could design a fully functional site in less then a month they claim to say they have had.

It's simple, stay to the end.. help out - go out of your way, this will win your customers over.

Move them over, heck even give them one free month to get the ball rolling, this would have made you top of the world in reseller hosting, instead.
you handle it very poorly, you are told that you handle it poorly, your customers have to hunt you down on the net in forums, and you still don't listen,,, these people are your customers and yoou don't listen to what they are saying... stupid stupid person.

This is why you don't deserve to make it and this is why i will help bring you down, one way or another.. and for the person asking who i am... who are you? and I don't give a ----!

Honestly and under the circumstances good luck to them however they are - and I would not normally say anything like that, but under these circumstances it was to be expected.

for the benifit of Google and other search spiders/crawlers -

RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com RisingWebWorks.com

Help get this thread to the top of their search results :lol:

You are soo getting +rep for that.. Ill throw myself on that bandwagon too

So what happened to WHT saying it was a valid reason???
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4937847

Doesn't look like they are happy either no? Another lie? YEY Your turning out like VaguHost!!!

Last edited:
Wow, I made a post and it's not showing up for some reason. I'm too pissed off to rewrite it.
Welcome RealEulogy. I'll draw your attention to the forum rules which clearly state that your first few posts are manually moderated. I basically agree with everything you've said, and I hope you can find a suitable replacement host here on FWS! As far as I can tell, RisingWebWorks.com have acted in a disgraceful way (regardless of the situation with Trex).

I suggest having a look through the Paid hosting offers forum, and feel free to ask the hosts there any questions.

:beer:

This isn't the playground where you're fighting over the sandbox, this is a business. Your clients are in a business. You are in a business.

PS: Guaranteed 10 days to move my stuff, down in 2.5 days. ---- you!

Too funny...

I understand your mad at TrexHost and the new host, whatever its called, and I do hope you can find a more reliable host that suits your needs.

I do not understand why is trexhost.com hosted on server with more than 500 other sites.
Talking from my experience hosting company most probably chose dedicated server where they put only one own site.
But taking a look on Ip Neighbors it show up that on the server 75.126.88.188 (ip address from server where site is hosted) are hosted in total 509 website.

Code:
22.	[B]www.trexhost.com	[/B]Whois [+]
23.	abateins.com	Whois [+]
24.	sistersculturalstop.net	Whois [+]
25.	www.a1t.org	Whois [+]
26.	www.im-gamers.com	Whois [+]
27.	eastkypaintball.com	Whois [+]
28.	ashandts.com	Whois [+]
29.	www.oneconservativeamerican.com	Whois [+]
30.	carlsbadbesthomes.com	Whois [+]
31.	www.bigappletutor.info  
32. gccounseling.com	Whois [+]
33.	silvermoonz.com	Whois [+]
34.	www.homemarket-europe.com	Whois [+]
35.	careintheworld.com	Whois [+]
36.	www.millionpixelzone.com	Whois [+]
37.	www.active-technologies.com	Whois [+]
38.	docreborn.com	Whois [+]
39.	www.crossculturetours.com	Whois [+]
40.	www.netcityauctions.com	Whois [+]
41.	www.googletagsubmit.com	Whois [+]
42.	eatingsnacks.cometcetcetc...

I don't know any host that has a server simply for thier own site only, usually the hosts site goes on one of their most powerfull servers, with a backup on another server with support and billling sometimes being on diverse machines.

Do i need to show you how many companies have only their own site on one server? Please check these ip address from server of companies (here are only couple):

I can give you 100 other ip address that will show you that really host companies place their site only on one server.

Last edited:
Couldn't be their all on VPS's of their own could it ;)

Or does your site check that as well as only return results for IP's with ICMP return disabled?

I have show you ip address that will give back 500 domains assigned to one ip address and i have show you ip address where you can find only 1 or a couple domains all related. Maybe i'm wrong but test simple prove to me who are big fish and who are small fish in hosting industry.

Maybe i'm wrong but test simple prove to me who are big fish and who are small fish in hosting industry.

Actually it doesn't, I could set up a tiny VPS and you would only see one site, if for example I set up a host site on a dedicated IP for SSL then again you would only see one site.

So your test is not a good measure of anything really :)

Back