• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Bye Bye Trexhost.com

Clayton

Anyone else get this e-mail? Kinda sucks, they were such a good company in their prime, and James was a good guy.

To our beloved customers,

Due to recent complications and events occurring at TrexHost.com, our
doors will be closing. These last two years have been the most amazing,
educational years of our lives here at TrexHost, strong bonds have been
established with our customers, and we don't have to see these customer
relations end.

The reason of our closure is in part due to the absence of the owner as
many of you have become familiar with. As of this moment due to
circumstances beyond James control, we believe for the sake of our own
customers that this is the best option. We have been unable to cope with
the problems we were left with. None of us have had contact with him in over a
month and we do not believe he will return.

Over the last few months I, Michael Hobgood, and Steven Pecroni have worked
diligently in order to try to keep things running smoothly all of which
without pay. I, along with Brent Hartzell,formed a new company known as
RisingWebWorks.com,formed in early 2007, which has been growing rapidly. I am
confident our staff and quality services will exceed those formerly present
at TrexHost.com.

We would like to encourage each and every single one of you to signup with
our new company http://RisingWebWorks.com/. Once you have done this,
please open a ticket with us and include your domain/user/pass for your
account at Trexhost and modify your name servers and we will transfer your
account to our machines as soon as possible. We have full access to
Trexhost's serves while they remain online and can resolve any problems
that arise.

Benefits:

Free Transfer (We will transfer your hosting/reseller account for free)
Higher Performance Servers
Reliable & Knowledgeable Server Administrators

The server specifications are as follows:
Quad Core HarperTown 2.5ghz
2-4GB ECC Registered Ram
100MBPS Uplink
cPanel/WHM with Fantastico
Proudly housed at SoftLayer Datacenter

We may charge a little more than you currently are paying at the moment,
but because of this the performance of our servers will greatly exceed
what they have been with Trexhost, be assured though that you will receive
top of the notch hosting services and will not have issues with high
loads, slow technical support, and other various problems.

A few last points I want to mention:
- Please remember to cancel your current subscription with TrexHost.com

- Rest assured your issues will be handled as promptly as possible. If
needed, a billing date adjustment will be performed. We will work with you
to keep you online.

- There will be a few differences between TrexHost service and the service
provided here at RisingWebWorks.com. We will not, NOT tolerate
infringement of our Terms of Service. As many of you may know, Mail
spamming/ blacklists were a constant problem at TrexHost.com as the owner
previously allowed such activities on the servers which is why so many of
you cannot send emails to hotmail/yahoo/aol. You will not have the same
problem with us.

- Many of you all have dealt with Steven Pecroni and I personally, and
know that we are both of us are willing to do what is in your best
interest to keep you online. We understand your business's and websites are
important.

I realize many of you are going to have questions. Please feel free to
call our office directly at 443-569-5052 or email me
(michael@risingwebworks.com). You can also contact Steven Pecronie by
email at (steven@risingwebworks.com), or you can also chat with our live
chat technicians or submit a ticket through our client area.

It is unfortunate that Trexhost has had to close but it is in the best
interest of everyone involved for the time being. If you have any
questions please make sure to contact us. We will work with you to ensure
you are happy and things go smoothly and we will like to thank you for
your patience during these last few months.

I will look forward to those of you who choose to signup with us at
http://RisingWebWorks.com/ shortly.

Michael Hobgood
Former Vice President, Trex Technologies LLC
CEO, RisingWebWorks.com

SO basically it isn't closing.

Honestly I don't like the sounds of it. Almost sounds like they never bothered to contact the legal owner, and are just taking the customers. If I had been co-owner or whatever, I would have requested the owners phone number incase we had to get into contact.

Something sounds phishy about all of this if you ask me

LMAO Michael Hobgood Is probably not the former CEO. He applied for a job at GRN however refused to work for salery. He said he was " a support worker" It sounds like hes taking advantage of the situation w/ trexhost and trying to get sales for his new host. Smart maybe Lying and being disceving I think so.

Last edited:
He actually was the VP at one point I do know that. Sucks no one can get ahold of James. Sounds like a Jewlzk situation :/

Hello,

First off, let's not blow this out of hand. I, along with fellow employee's, am doing this only for the benefit of TrexHost customers. Without getting into details, I will say this. I had three options presented to me:
1. Let TrexHost fall on its own
2. Email the customers and tell them to leave, do not assist in backups
3. Provide an alternative, as well as transfer assistance to former TrexHost customers as well as familiar staff.

3 of TrexHost's employee's are coming over to RisingWebWorks.

I am not doing this for any personal benefits.

Feel free to call me with any questions @ 443-569-5052

I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in this. It was written in a rush, as I am VERY busy at the moment transferring clients, with phone calls, and live chats. Thanks

LMAO Michael Hobgood Is probably not the former CEO. He applied for a job at GRN however refused to work for salery. He said he was " a support worker" It sounds like hes taking advantage of the situation w/ trexhost and trying to get sales for his new host. Smart maybe Lying and being disceving I think so.

Sorry, I feel the need to address this quote. I refused to work for you all because I felt my skills/experience were deserving of a salary based pay, which GR was not willing to offer. I am not lying nor am I deceiving anyone.

Thanks.

I can't tell you how P.O.'d I am....

Does anyone at Trexhost realise how much work this is going
to cause its customers? Let alone possible law suits? Just relocating
is not the problem..there are other customers since I have a reseller
acct. that I have to deal with now.

I don't suppose my reseller acct. deal will be transfered either.
Which pretty much puts me out of business. Because of refunds and
destroying my business reputation.

I can't tell you how P.O.'d I am....

I'm kinda leaning towards this situation too. Sounds like they never even made an effort to contact the true owner of the webhost. Let alone what owner would just "dissapear"? I think there is a LOT more to this than is being shared.

Well this is interesting...

So let me get this straight... Your shutting down TrexHost without the owner's knowing?

Why should anybody take that email seriously? It's from "Former Vice President, Trex Technologies LLC"

He's a former employee, and it doesn't exactly sound like a rebranding process. I wouldn't be surprised if some people view this as simply stealing clients.

Established since early 2007? The whois records show that the domain was created about 19 days ago.

Just dodgy all round. :S

Why should anybody take that email seriously? It's from "Former Vice President, Trex Technologies LLC"

He's a former employee, and it doesn't exactly sound like a rebranding process. I wouldn't be surprised if some people view this as simply stealing clients.

Established since early 2007? The whois records show that the domain was created about 19 days ago.

Good point there.

Any input from you Michael?

Maybe he ment he was thinking of stealing the clients in ealy 2007?

I think this is funny... Can't wait to see how bad his host does, with a reputation of stealing clients.

Somehow I got the email and I'm not even a client, nor ever was. Just got it out of the blue... I think I opened ONE ticket once, asking for something regarding one of their clients.. that was it.

Maybe he ment he was thinking of stealing the clients in ealy 2007?

I think this is funny... Can't wait to see how bad his host does, with a reputation of stealing clients.

Somehow I got the email and I'm not even a client, nor ever was. Just got it out of the blue... I think I opened ONE ticket once, asking for something regarding one of their clients.. that was it.

Hahaha, Interesting

Ok, first off, if you all look through the news and actually read, you will find that RisingWebWorks.com is a new name that will help portray our upcoming services better. You are more than welcome to do a lookup on our former domain, RisingHost.net and you will indeed see my name there, as well as a register date in January or February of 2007. All efforts were made to contact the owner, however, it is near impossible to contact him where he is. We have continuously contacted his parents, relatives, and even family friends who are near 30 minutes from his location and still can't even get a hold of him.

I am not shutting down TrexHost at all. TrexHost is shutting down on its own on Feb. 8th, whether RisingWebWorks is here or not, whether I exist or not. I am just trying to help ease the loss on the customers.

Thanks

Last edited:
After being notified today via email today

within 1 hour of getting that email
all of my reseller accts sites went down and no cpanel access
can not access any of them via smartFTP either for backup.
customers can NOT backup their sites to move them.

I have had a reseller acct with Trexhost since july/07
no major problems. until this...

Can't find any Whois on Trexhost because they have it reg. through domains by proxy, meaning it is private. I re-sent a email back to Steven Pecroni contact@trexhost.com he has yet to answer my questions.

The one he sent me stated we have till the 8th of Febuary 08 to transfer. But we haven't any ftp freakin access.

so there you have...another webhost who burns it customers

they are clearly stealing trexhost's customers. I would have to suggest finding a new webhost....

Not sure if I am allowed to post this but any members who had been with TrexHost -- I am willing to help you find a new webhost, or you can PM me for a discount code with Crissic - atleast until you can get back up on your feet.

Couple of points to take into account with this.

1. A host should never contact the clients of another.

2. If said new host is indeed working to operate first host then client login details would not be required to transfer accounts.

3. Client databases are easy to steal - hence making it easy to send bulk email to the effect in the OP. On doing so you should be morally compelled to match the clients existing deals (not tell them of a price rise) for at least a period to allow them to decide whether or not you are to be their host long term.

4. On telling all clients to move suggests that there are no funds in the company to pay for the upkeep of the systems, I'm sure the clients would like to know where that money went.

5. And most importantly - what authority does Michael Hobgood now have to state for and on behalf of Trexhost.com that
our doors will be closing
?

Well said Decker, i would have to agree things just sound a bit to fishy to me. Even if you are "closing" TrexHost clients should still be allowed access to their data and not forced to use the "new" service. What you have done is potentially marked your business for failure with actions such as this..

1) We didn't/don't require the users come to us. They are more than welcome to make their own backups.

2) We ask for client data because not all of our staff have root server access at TrexHost.

3) It has been verified on this forum as well as WHT that we are not stealing clients.

4) I may not have "authority", however, had I said nothing, thousands of websites would have gone down with no warning, no backups, nothing.

Back