• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

zymic got ripped!

phuckedup

! ¿ who ? ¡
NLC
jack over at zymic.com got ripped. if you have nothing better to do (like me), head over to http://complex.divinehost.net and flood the shoutbox with hate mail - its fun :biggrin2:

jacks in school and still provides the great service with free templates and tutorials, and peope repay him like this..sad really

All I have to say is that the very generic design doesn't seem like too much of a rip. But like I said, there are a million sites out there that look like that.

alot of it look the same to me - top banner, content, tag board, poll, affiliates, and the radio bit all are the same as zymic

how would u feel if all your hard work into putting together a layout for your site went to waste because people were ripping it? if there are sites that are ripped, report them to the original owner and to somewhere like www.ripperhunting.com

What if it was the other way around? How could you be sure, second it is nowhere near a rip.

I could make a site that looks like that, yet it is all my own work. In this case, there is absolutely no rip, open them in two browser and flip between them quickly, you will see that there is a lot of difference.s

complex is the rip bcause the layout came out yesterday and zymics has been up for ages. and even though there are alot of differences, there are still alot of similarities. if i was to go to a website, click file save as and copy the site, then open photoshop, dreamweaver, etc. and change it, is that ripping? i believe it is

thats just my opinion...

thanks for the support

thank you guys for supporting me.
everything that you guys have been saying is exactly what ive been trying to say.
i did not rip zymic.
and if anyone wants proof i will email you the .psd's

ohh and phuckedup, you are ----ed up.

ok lets say it is original, then why did you copy another site? not rip it, but design it so it looked like an existing site? why not try something original?

do you know what really bugs me??
the fact that you're making such a ----ing big deal out of it.
why are you taking responsibility for a web site you don't even own!

the only thing you are showing everyone is how immature you are.

Wow, okay i am going to make a website, that looks like every other ----ing site out there, has the same sort of effects, but uses none of the same images, but just a bit of the same layout.

WEll menu layout has been tried and tested, and it just works, so that is the same on almost all sites.

The placement of the rest, well i have seen many sites that have it like that.

Come back to me when you found someone ripped http://spoono.com/ , as they have an design that is truely origional.

i cared at the beginning bcause i thought it was a rip and i was tryin 2 help out jack @ zymic. but you say you made it and you have the .psd's to prove it - thats fine, i can shut up now. but all i wanted to know is why you'd bother copying another site like that. you're a kid so you go to school - dont they teach you about plagiarism? people these days make a big deal about it, so when you decided to copy a layout, you had all this coming

i dont have anything against you, this is just my opinion

Indeed, you do make a big deal out of it. It isnt a rip, so go to bed, and sleep. Then come back, and remove zymic.net from your bookmarks, and then possibly shoot yourself if you still believe its a rip.

i didnt see a major resemblance between the two sites.. just a few similarities.

there's a LOT of websites that look like another. there's only so much you can do with a site.. it's hard to be original or unique.

plus, who knows. maybe he was inspired by the original, and his current design is influenced and based off the original, eh? that's a big thing in the art world, i don't care what you tell me. artists look at other works, compare them, pick the best things or the things they like and therefore influence their own style and work.

that is exactly what i have been thinking..
i mean whenever i want to redesign, i go look at other websites and then make whatever im in the mood of making.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Indeed, you do make a big deal out of it. It isnt a rip, so go to bed, and sleep. Then come back, and remove zymic.net from your bookmarks, and then possibly shoot yourself if you still believe its a rip.

1. im not making that big a deal, only standing up for jack
2. its 11.30am so im not going to sleep, thanx anyway
3. zymic aint in my favs
4. ill keep a gun handy
5. to make everyone happy ill shut up, but i still stick to my opinion and everything ive said

I'm pretty sure this zymic site doesn't have the original design there either. I've seen this site a million times, and I can't even remember what half of them are. Instead of accusing someone of a rip, you should accuse him maybe of not getting caught in designing such a generic layout.

Originally posted by phuckedup
dont they teach you about plagiarism?
good god. plagiarism is COPYING THE EXACT SAME THING, USING THE EXACT SAME THING, AND CALLING IT YOUR OWN

that is NOT plagiarism. they arent even that much related!!

call it inspired, influenced, or just two very similar unintentional designs, or even coincidence.

Back