• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zune HD

Naah, Iphone is $tupid
Symbian Rules :D

watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjNmbfSyGok
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt23xYFzFeQ&NR=1

a GPS, DVD-like video recording, touch screen+qurt. keypad
full support to Internet (including flash)

includes all the technology up to this moment.

iPhone 3g has gps touch screen...ect..ect however you are talking the phone there however right above that you are talking the OS the phone runs.

Not all symbian phones have all the features just that one. With that phone I would be afraid of dropping it while the screen is flipped open and then the screen snapping off.

As far as the physical qwerty keyboard I use to think the iphone would suck because it has no physical keys. However now that I have one and have used it a bit I find it to just fine and dont even miss the physical keyboard of my other phone.

As far as full support for flash and all that why would you want all the flash and such to load on your phone? Its a phone! Using mobile internet even 3g is not that fast and flash would just slow it down even more.

there's something i'll never understand about the US people + Iphone
Apple have done a GREAT marketing job really!

i'm not gonna go deep with comparing both phones, but beleive me i personally hate touch screen, this N97 solved my problem.

I can't send songs with Iphone
I can't assign tones to my friends
over priced
Camera is very bad (not even average)
it's HUGE and HEAVY
not much games (Ngage ROCKS
(for me) no Arabic Support

but still can't deny the way the touch screen works was a big hit (was 2 years ago, now Nokia improved it, Sony Ericson also did)

and lastly,
As far as full support for flash and all that why would you want all the flash and such to load on your phone? Its a phone! Using mobile internet even 3g is not that fast and flash would just slow it down even more.

com'on man, i used the 3G all the time, it reached a 7.2 Mb speed, that should serve you very well with youtube for example :)

i do many things with Symbian, from MS spread sheets to e-books and PDF to VOIP (Skype, Gtalk) ...watching AVI videos, display my images and play my videos on a TV (using Tv-out cable)
Symbian is really the best way to go.

Symbian have extreamly bad marketing in the US, Apple have more than half of the market share (if not all)...that's really bad for Symbian...

Last edited:
there's something i'll never understand about the US people + Iphone
I'm Canadian

I can't send songs with Iphone
Send songs where? You can use things like MobileMe.

I can't assign tones to my friends
Wrong.

over priced
Just like your phone.

Camera is very bad (not even average)
It's a phone... but it is getting a better camera in the next version.

it's HUGE and HEAVY
False

not much games
Not sure where you have been... there are thousands of games.

(for me) no Arabic Support
There are apps that you can get that have Arabic support, there might even be official Arabic support. There is an Arabic keyboard setting, so I think there is an Arabic language.

All in all, do some research before bashing a phone.

Last edited:
I agree the iPhones camera is not the best and it is over priced [thats why I had mine gifted to me rather than paying for it ;)] However I have NEVER seen 3g get to 7.2Mb maybe its just a USA thing with our slow connections :p

In any event each person has his or her own opinion. However they should use a device before bashing it. That is why I have not talked down about symbian only compared it with what you have said and what I know.

That is also why before I got an iPhone I did not try and bash it.

On that last note you can read e-books and pdf's with the iPhone there is also a skype client and as far as AVI videos it is just a bit more of a pain in the --- [gotta convert it and such] but IMO if I want to watch videos I will just yank out my eeepc because its never more than 50 feet away from me anyway. Also on the note of "display my images and play my videos on a TV" You can also do that with an iPhone or any iPod out there. Even the Zune can do it so that is nothing special.

I will admit that iPhones do have there issues but so did my old Treo so does my HTC 8125 [WM 6.1] and I am sure that the Symbian OS has its own issues as well.

I've been with Symbian phones since more than 7 years now, since version 6.1
i read more than you can imagine every once and a while about Symbian news.
that's why you can concider me an expert in Symbian phones ( and the OS it self)
anyway,
*i used the Iphone (the 1st one not the 3G) for few days only.
*i couldn't send anything via bluetooth because of copy right protection ....i can't send any song via bluetooth to another phone (that's what i meant) now you're telling me about this application...
*i couldn't assign a tune for Mr. X, and another tune for Mr.Y it was one tune for all
*it was too heavy and big in the hand (can't fit in my front jeans pocket) - concider this personal taste, some might find it nice, but i don't
*Canada and US markets are exactly the same, that's why wherever there's a bundle, Canada & US are together.
*Arabic just arrived in the 3G model, and i guess recently with ver2.X (something not sure)
and as far as i know, it supports reading only not writing..(thou..not sure about this)

overall compairing with the upcoming N97 Iphone looks bad...
and let's face it, it's out of date, we should stop compairing it with new technologies...

Nokia N95 Voted European Media Phone 2007-2008

Even the N95 8 GB is way better.

Nokia E71 Wins Phone of the Year

you say that you don't care about Camera, but beleive me when you get a 640X480 @ 30 frame/Sec. in your hand you'll change your mind man :)

HSPDA still didn't arrive Iphone, and it's been out there since N95

what about video Calling?

ahh...congratulations for Iphone for thinking about adding the MMS evantually :)

BTW, some networks in the middle east will upgrade to 14.4 Mb

Symbian do have some issues, honestly, they try their best to stop the cracking but can't, they changed the whole OS to prevent people crack stuff but yet they did, i for one broke all the securities in my phone...

it's not an easy thing to break it, i mean you should read and read much about it...but it's there in every forum...

Last edited:
Way to base your disdain for the product based on tangible arguments

lol.

We are talking about the company that brought us Windows ME and Vista. Also, their hardware is ----. I had gone through 4 keyboards in 3 months. Nice quality <.< Unlike my kickass Logitech G15 Keyboard which has lasted me over 2 years.

So I'm basing it on the fact that Microsoft are going to ---- it up, like they have already with Windows 7. And like they did with Windows Vista.

The 2 only good versions of windows available are Server 2003 and XP. Vista is only good on a very robust computer.

com'on man, i used the 3G all the time, it reached a 7.2 Mb speed, that should serve you very well with youtube for example :)

You can watch Youtube on the iPhone, along with spreadsheets, VOIP(On Wifi) and display your images. Unfortunately, watching AVI videos is a pain but there are numerous converters out there.

*i used the Iphone (the 1st one not the 3G) for few days only.
So you're basing your reasoning on a discontinued product? Nice going.
*i couldn't send anything via bluetooth because of copy right protection ....i can't send any song via bluetooth to another phone (that's what i meant) now you're telling me about this application...
Fair enough - Apple are trying to maximise what they make from their store. Annoying, but then you start talking about how you're cracking your phone, in which case, if you jailbreak, there are ways around this.
*i couldn't assign a tune for Mr. X, and another tune for Mr.Y it was one tune for all
Not sure when it was introduced, but it's been there as long as I remember. (I had a v1 iPhone originally).
*it was too heavy and big in the hand (can't fit in my front jeans pocket) - concider this personal taste, some might find it nice, but i don't
And then you compare it with the N95 - which is a nice sleek, slimline, eye-catchingly-designed phone. Irony and sarcasm in one go.
*Canada and US markets are exactly the same, that's why wherever there's a bundle, Canada & US are together.
Uhm, I'm pretty sure the Canadian economy is verrryy different from the US. If they're exactly the same, why aren't products (eg. the iPhone) introduced at exactly the same time?
*Arabic just arrived in the 3G model, and i guess recently with ver2.X (something not sure)
and as far as i know, it supports reading only not writing..(thou..not sure about this)
There's an arabic keyboard, so you can probably write with it.

And last things last, I'm British.

VOIP(On Wifi)

with Symbian you can do it with 3G or even GPRS :)

So you're basing your reasoning on a discontinued product? Nice going.
thanks for updating my knowledge, i thought they're still making the 1st one...

I'm pretty sure the Canadian economy is verrryy different from the US. If they're exactly the same, why aren't products (eg. the iPhone) introduced at exactly the same time?
no what i meant is that anything in the US can be easily found in Canada
when something new in the US comes, it arrives Canada 1st, then Europe+Ausralia, then the rest of the world...
well, i might be wrong, but this is based on my little experience...

There's an arabic keyboard, so you can probably write with it
this i have to see :D
i don't use Arabic for SMS, i sometimes receive Arabic, and this feature is for Arabs, it's not a bad thing (well, it's for people in Arab countries)
but it's that this phone is not well supported in the middle east.
The price is much higher than the US and Europe.
and no local warranty (international i guess is available) but who'd use it...? i don't know...
i beleive US+Canadian are using this Iphone because it's an Ipod+cellphone
people in the rest of the world buy Iphones for showing off only!
at least in my country!!!

anyone wants more option can get a Symbian..
that's what i think...

anyway, guys i'm so sorry if my points on view made anyone upset, it's just that i can't find anything special about the Iphone ...it's just bellow average in my opinion :)

Last edited:
God, stop with the claiming things as always being Apple product rip offs. Not everything made compares to their stuff. The worst of it is, most of the comparisions are false, people just seem to love to compare things to Apple.

lol.

We are talking about the company that brought us Windows ME and Vista. Also, their hardware is ----. I had gone through 4 keyboards in 3 months. Nice quality <.< Unlike my kickass Logitech G15 Keyboard which has lasted me over 2 years.

So I'm basing it on the fact that Microsoft are going to ---- it up, like they have already with Windows 7. And like they did with Windows Vista.

The 2 only good versions of windows available are Server 2003 and XP. Vista is only good on a very robust computer.

I take it you haven't tried Windows 7. It's actually been proven faster than XP; and I've been using it since build 7000, now on 7127, with no BSOD's. It's actually quite nice and a HUGE improvement from Vista. UI is also pretty nice when you get used to it. The only problem is IE 8...

I take it you haven't tried Windows 7. It's actually been proven faster than XP; and I've been using it since build 7000, now on 7127, with no BSOD's. It's actually quite nice and a HUGE improvement from Vista. UI is also pretty nice when you get used to it. The only problem is IE 8...

Yes, I have tried it. And hated it. I'll just stick with the fantastic stability of Server 2003. I'm sure you couldn't possibly compare the likes of Windows 7 (And missing features) to that of Server 2003.

Yes, I have tried it. And hated it. I'll just stick with the fantastic stability of Server 2003. I'm sure you couldn't possibly compare the likes of Windows 7 (And missing features) to that of Server 2003.

Yeah; but Windows 7 isn't meant to be a Server OS. Server 2003 has those features that Windows 7 is missing because it is a Server OS, and is designed to run as fast as possible.

Windows 7 does run faster, and I don't mind that much for the style of the OS, but Windows 7 isn't user friendly at all. Hopefully the beta will improve on that otherwise it will just be another downfall for Windows. There is something about Windows 7 (Not the fact it is beta), that makes me feel unsafe when using it. With XP I feel safe, with Vista I feel secure but with Windows 7 it just seems like a joke.

Back