• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zeeblo - What really happened (From the Management)

jovcajames

Hi all,

For those of you who were in the free webhosting sector a few years ago, you might remember a very popular webhost called Zeeblo. The site itself had been running for a few years, and I personally spent a large amount of time working on it. By 2006 I had been given a Management position and voluntarily worked alongside Impulse and Anthony (later Nishant for a time), to keep the service up and running.

In September 2006 it was clear that the financial costs to Impulse were too great at the time - we were not informed as to why this was occurring. We were aware of areas which could be cut to substantially save costs, but at the time these were not done. Because of the financial situation at Impulse, Anthony and I were offered the entire Zeeblo system which we knew would have to be transferred by the middle of October 2006, and thus started making large plans for the move.

Unfortunately, like many others involved in the site, at the time there were large financial restrictions beyond our control. We just couldn't make the move in time. I am not sure what happened to Anthony after this point, but I had to unexpectedly go away thereafter, and sadly the system came to a crashing halt - all those years of work finished. Emails were later sent to Impulse technicians who helped out as required.

As I understand it, somebody else took over the site at a later time, but without success it would seem.

However I believe in honesty so on behalf of the 2005-2006 Zeeblo Management and staff team I would like to sincerely apologise for the loss of Zeeblo, and especially the loss of content for those without backups. It was an excellent resource centre and free webhost.

I have since launched Zeeblo under a different name, but for those of you who ever wondered what happened all those years ago... that's it!

Once again, my sincere apologies. If anyone does want to talk about it (even if it's old news!) then do get in touch.

Kind Regards,

James
Ex. Zeeblo Management

To ~Edy: Yes it sounds a little strange admittedly, but if you were around at the time you will probably remember it being a pretty big event. I was away for a while after the server ended and so have no idea if any other staff (either mangement, accounts or hosting) issued any statements.

To crazypenguin: You're right, I was researching this recently and realised how much of a problem it caused when it first happended. In fact somewhere there were some fairly recent comments about it so just wanted to get the truth out there for anyone who really wanted to know. Honesty is the way forward in life. :)

James

Nice story.... :)

For me, that i helped build Zeeblo, this gave me a lot of explanations. I helped a bit to build Zeeblo under Neil's management, when it was just a small simplemachines forum :p Then after that Neil sold Zeeblo to Impulse. Anthony seemed like a nice businessman. I think i remember you a bit. And how could i forget about Nishant, he was there since almost the beginning, too. A pretty good admin :p

I ever wondered what had happened to Zeeblo, and here was the response xD

Cheers Erizo.

How times change! Yes after Neil sold to Impulse I remember there being several changes but the userbase greatly increased.

Antony came in later of course, and I remember many conversations with him of how best to run the system. Sadly at that time it wasn't to be...

Zeeblo was another host that started up after freenukehosting went down, about the same time when frihost and stonerocket started.

I miss chatting to boomba! anyone heard from him recently...

Oh my god I can't believe it's James, I thought you fell of the face of the earth. It's draper/tornado btw I was around for the whole of Zeeblos history except when Neil first owned it. I was a moderator and then went on to the accounts team but decided to leave when the server was hacked and wasn't give then new WHM password while other staff was.

How are things btw James?

Also for those of you who don't know the whole Zeeblo history well here it is:

- Neil created it
- Sold to Impulse with Nishant running it
- Impulse gave it to Anthony but he couldn't afford to run it
- Zeeblo down for some time so Nishant starts ILMOZ and gets the domain back and some site backups and Zeeblo is once again up.
- Nishant sells to wisenerl
- Wisenerl sells to Neil the original owner
- Neil sells the site, new owners do nothing and doman expires.
- Someones buys the domain and puts up an old non working copy.

I'm going to join on Jovca btw.

Ok, I guess I will have to be the bad guy but.........

Why are you now apologizing for something that happened in 06? It seems you knew what was happening, and if an apology was written here when this all happened, it would have been understandable. To write one 4 years after all this happened, when likely the people hosted there have moved on and probably dont even remember this site is not acceptable for me. Actually this only looks as if you are trying to wash your hands clear of this mess since you have reopened the hosting.

Thanks for all that history Daniel! Really good to see what has happened to Zeeblo since then, including subsequant buyers & sellers of the company.

To "sain cai"; you are correct, an official apology should have been made there and then. I don't know exactly where the other management staff went at the time but personally I believe in honesty - no matter when it comes- and must apologise for this mess. A number of factors certainly beyond my control came into this. Acceptable or not acceptable? That is for every individual to decide for himself or herself. :)

I worked with Zeeblo before your day. I ran the entire show and was at one point co-owner with Neil, who was ousted for being a known scammer. Then the business was acquired by Impulse but I stayed on as GM. Then we brought on board a little toad by the name of Nishant who ran the business into the ground. The company was very profitable and a huge success until he was brought in to the fold. I quit on the company knowing full well the end result when Impulse hired him. I've moved on from it, I just hope you all can as well.

Ah memories, isn't it wonderful?

Hey everyone, Nice to see some old fellas from zeeblo.

Zeeblo is gone my friend, so start your web host from scratch and not on revered memories. Future is never based on your past but your present will decide what future you will have. So, start it fresh, don't digg upon Zeeblo (its the past now!) and hopefully you'll have a webhost to reckon with.

Best of luck for your new host.

Back