• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zed or Zee?

Pronounce as?

• Zed and I understand Zee is also Z

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Zed but I didn't know Zee is also Z

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zee but I didn't know Zed is also Z

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Zee and I understand Zed is also Z

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

trenzterra

NLC
Do you pronounce Z as Zed or Zee?

And those that use Zee or vice versa, do you all understand Zed or vice versa is also Z?

i say both?

at home i speak dutch and say zed

and at school i speak english and say Zee.

The grammar in that poll is scary!

Anyways, I always say "Zee", just cos it rhymes w/the song :p

It's Zed. and only Zed.
Of course, if you pronounce Z that way then you have to say "next time won't you sing with Fred", which gives a whole new meaning to the alphabet song. :D
i say Zett coz i speak german
You say "zett" in Germany? I was always taught it was pronounced "tsay" when I took German in high school. You can resolve a question I've never had a chance to get answered since then, do you actually pronounce Y "oopselon"?

In extension of "zee" and "zed", do you say "stroke" or "dash", "nought" or "zero", "tick" or "check", "lawn" or "yard", "centenary" or "centennial", "aerial" or "antenna", "thousand-billion" or "quadrillion", do you stress the first or second syllable in "résumé", "gazebo", or "laboratory", do you say "I've not" or "I haven't"...

There is no one standard English, I guess that's one thing that makes it a confusing language.

A Z is a zed. It would rhyme better in the song if it was Zee, but it just doesn't seem right.

As for the rest of Dusty's...
Dash, zero, check, both, centennial, antenna, quadrillion, REsume, gaZEbo, "labratory", I have't.

Seems like all the "American" ways.

How about couch or chesterfield?

Originally posted by Blank Verse

colour or color, center or centre, etc.
Centre was a problem when I first started HTML, I had to retrain my brain. Now in regular text I often write center by mistake :eek:

Oh and it's ZED :p

DAM AMERICANS!!!
RUINING MY LIFE WITH YOUR LANGUAGE
SESIMIE STREET WAS GOOD!!

ehe :d

Back