• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Zack Network....Any More Comments?

ningaming

well last time I posted about the TZN we got wayyyyy of subject :-( and started argueing about domains and such

http://zacknetwork.dns2go.com

I was wondering who actually signed up, and what you all have thought of them? I am just curious because I have been with them since day 1, and I personally thought they have been pretty good for a while. I guess I am a little biased, since I have known the guy for a while :D But seriously, what kind of stuff do they need to work on? I know they need a domain (let's not get into that lol)

Last edited:
They're not that bad, I signed up with em. The ftp is okay, my site loads fine. So I guess they're ok...

Originally posted by ningaming
yep, sorry I knew I should have included that....doh!

Ahh.. Its not your fault... There where some people who posted about a new free host and forgot to include it anyways...

Same suggestions as usual.

Get a domain like zackntk.com or zackntk.net
Colocate your server. Faster connection.

you should get zacknet.com or zacknetwork.net or zack-network.com. those arent taken. once u get a domain name ill sign up.

peace

Here for people who signed up, got hosted but never actually read their TOS and for people who are considering signing up.
From ZackNetwork's TOS
3. Content Submitted to our Server(s)
The Zack network (1)does not claim ownership of the material you place on your website. (2)By submitting material to The Zack Network for inclusion on your website, you grant The Zack Network the world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the material for any reason. (3)This license exists only for as long as you continue to be affiliated with The Zack Network and shall be terminated at the time your website is terminated.
That's a wicked TOS... they say that they don't own the stuff you upload (1), yet they have the right to do anything they want with it (2). IMO that's basically the same thing as claiming ownership of your files...

According to (3), if you cancel your account with them, they no longer have the right to use your files -- but what if they have already used it? And lots of it? Are they going to guarantee that all the stuff they used will be taken down?

Explanation of TOS

Originally posted by LeX
Here for people who signed up, got hosted but never actually read their TOS and for people who are considering signing up.

That's a wicked TOS... they say that they don't own the stuff you upload (1), yet they have the right to do anything they want with it (2). IMO that's basically the same thing as claiming ownership of your files...

According to (3), if you cancel your account with them, they no longer have the right to use your files -- but what if they have already used it? And lots of it? Are they going to guarantee that all the stuff they used will be taken down?

Now I know why I got a lot of questions on that issue ;)

Anyhow, that part of TOS basically ensures that we don't get sued from anybody that finds content uploaded to our server offensive because we don't own it.

So in legal words: We don't own it, but we have ownership rights. Doesn't make sense, but it works.

Back