• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

YUPAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry... That is one of my secrets.
If you think my plan is good and reliable enough, JOIN.
Otherwise, you can join the 3MB one which is available at http://www.Glomar.net.
a reply to rmsharpe

Yes... there is domain hosting!

Hmm, Just a few questions for Yuppa. If they get too advanced for you, or you don't know just say so. Being pretty involoved with network topologies, etc. I can get carried away. But this is what I'd generally want to look for in a host.

1. Will it last:
a. Does it have any finanical backing
b. Can the Owner run in properly.

2. What type of server is it running on? For example, if it's running Windows, or anything like that, I realize right away, there is a lot more downtime, as well as great proformance issues under heavy loads. Meanwhile, if it's on a Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Debian, Progeny Linux, etc. It should be able to support a heavier load.

3. What type of connection is it on? T1, T3/DS3, OC-3, OC-12, etc.

4. Is there any connection redundincy? For example, if a connection, goes down, are there others around to take the place of it?

5. What Major Backbone providers is it connected to. UUnet, SprintLink, Intermedia/Digex, Level3, Exodus, AppliedTheory, Cable and Wireless, etc.

6. The ammount of sites crammed onto a single server. If the ISP provides server side services, such as SSI, CGI, PHP, etc., and has thousands of sites hosted on the server, with many of them deploying these services, will my sites proformance be greatly affected.

I think thats enough questions for now to have you answer. No problem, If you can't answer all of them, I just want to get a generalized idea of your capabilities.

Thanks In Advanced
--Jim
Aeolus Networks

If it wasn't for the bandwidth limit I would sign up. But with only 600MB a month, it isn't worth it. Digital Rice and F2S offer the same thing, and more. If you raised the free plan's bandwith to 2 or 3 GB you would have a lot more sign-ups.
Just offering a little advice.

Nobody likes someone so secretive about their service, YUPAPA. To ensure confidence in customers, you should have a long-term plan instead of the day-to-day operations.

Wow! Thank you, YUPAPA! And here I thought you hated me. I couldn't post at your forum so I thought you had banned me. :)
Question: do you mean free as in forever and do you host "foreign" domains?

i think this makes yupapa 3 for 3 in starting threads that have turned out to be big jokes. sooooo rediculous.

OK. Do you need me to decide on a name for the site/URL now or can you just give me some blah blah URL and change later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back