• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

YouTube etc embedding

Hmmmm.
What would be the point exactly?
Like, if you wanted members to see a Youtube video, just post the URL.

I agree with Blank.
Plus, when you click a link here, such as a YouTube link, it opens in a new window or Tab. So, you are not leaving the page.

I would also think it would make pages load slower. With all the FWS loading problems I have already, I'd have to vote no.

Plus, a little less youtube, and a little more of Ben's crazy stories or Pokemon believe forums plz? kthx.

I would have to agree with the loading problems. I am a member of a forum where they have the [vbtube] enabled and people are posting those in threads of interest. It really slows things down even though you have to click it to open the video.

I would also think it would make pages load slower. With all the FWS loading problems I have already, I'd have to vote no.

Plus, a little less youtube, and a little more of Ben's crazy stories or Pokemon believe forums plz? kthx.

I would have to agree with the loading problems. I am a member of a forum where they have the [vbtube] enabled and people are posting those in threads of interest. It really slows things down even though you have to click it to open the video.

What I meant is basically a seperate div that has a text link and when you click on the link it replaces it with a youtube video. Don't know ifi that makes total sense.

What I meant is basically a seperate div that has a text link and when you click on the link it replaces it with a youtube video. Don't know ifi that makes total sense.

Something like that wouldn't be bad as long as it didn't actually load the video when you load a forum page.

How is that different than clicking on a regular link and opening the video?

The problem is, I'm assuming this div that you click is merely a CSS peekaboo; it shows the code when you click the link. But it still has to load that code in the first place; it's still rendered, it's just hidden with display:none; CSS. That'd be my guess anyway, maybe it's smarter code than that.

Back