• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your Start Page

Jei

Hi all,
my start page has been www.google.com for the longest while. now i've decided to use one of those portals that let you customize the content so you see what you want on your start page.

though, i really don't want to go thru all the trouble of registering and tinkering with all the portals to see which ones i like (ok so i'm being a bit lazy :D )

anywho, i read this article at CNet ( http://www.cnet.com/software/0-352105-7-1729259.html ) so that helped me some. i am thinking of trying excite's start page, but if any of you have a favorite or any recommendations or maybe what type of start page you have, i'd appreciate it.

i just use google, there's nothing wrong with that. I'd rather have a fast simple start page than an elaborate, slow-loading one.

yep, i use google too

I wonder how much bandwidth google uses just for people that use it as thier homepage

Becasue you don't have to wait for a page to load after opening a new browser window.

haha interesting site conker :biggrin2:

ya, i like fast loading pages too, so that's why i've had google
never tried the about: blank -- clever

BUT now i want to see some news, weather, tv listings, etc instead for my start page. i guess the rest of you use tv or the newspapers for that eh? :D

Back