• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your opinions about this site!

WarMachine

Hi,

Just started with Mobile Programming and Handheld discussion forums. Please visit and post your review. Thank You.

http://www.mobilesavvy.com

PS: If you are into Mobile Development, or own a Handheld, do register on the forums if it seems of worth to you. Thanks.

:)

A site having a good community and discussion forums is good to make it a good site. However, don't you think it is good if you add content to the site like details about mobile phones. You could make each mobile phone a profile or something like that. Then you could rate them and stuff like that. Just an idea or two to help you improve your site. I would also recommend you use vbulletin instead of burning board (my quick guess at who made the board correct me if I am wrong).

Thank You cheatpark for taking time to review the site.

I don't want to step towards adding mobile phone reviews to the site. I have a forum for phones discussion, but it is limited to discussion about phones with a PDA OS - something like PalmOS (there are many phones in the market like this).

The site is basically devoted to Mobile Programming enthusiasts, or owners of PDAs. Having people to rate the mobile phones or PDAs starts the number game (really!!), and I want to establish a small community before starting any of that, and then look according to the needs of the community.

The site is mainly aimed at PDA Developers. I have no plans in going in much for phone reviews,etc. The site aims at discussions. If required, content from a third-party PDA news website can be syndicated.

Regarding Burning Board and vBulletin, Burning Board does the job - so I am not so interested in going in for vBulletin - for financial reasons of course. I have heard many people saying that Burning Board was picked up from vBulletin, but I am yet to see anyone from vBulletin getting up and getting them. vBulletin normally confronts any such forums that are based on their code, so I will shift over from Burning Board the day anything against the board's genuineness comes up.

Thanks again for the review. :)

I see. It would be good to look around for a few good moderators for your forum if you haven't got any yet. I would suggest about 5 so that there is usually at least one on at a time and that they can keep things under control. Good luck with setting up your community. I hope it does well.

Originally posted by WarMachine
Hi,

Just started with Mobile Programming and Handheld discussion forums. Please visit and post your review. Thank You.

http://www.mobilesavvy.com

PS: If you are into Mobile Development, or own a Handheld, do register on the forums if it seems of worth to you. Thanks.

:)

sorry I didn't read your whole post, only your subject, and there you wrote 'review my site'
sorry dude :classic2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by cheatpark
I see. It would be good to look around for a few good moderators for your forum if you haven't got any yet. I would suggest about 5 so that there is usually at least one on at a time and that they can keep things under control. Good luck with setting up your community. I hope it does well.

Really appreciate that. :)

Moderators issue I am aware of. I am myself moderating couple of popular forums, and regular visitors of many more (I usually visit WHT as a registered member, and browse freewebspace.net forums regularly too. Now I've registered here too.) :)

Re: Re: Your opinions about this site!

Originally posted by NITROboy

sorry I didn't read your whole post, only your subject, and there you wrote 'review my site'

:) No probs. I'd appreciate if you pay a visit and write your views.

Thank You.

Re: Re: Your opinions about this site!

Originally posted by NITROboy

WTF?

Back