• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your name in Japanese

Iino (rice field) Kaito (big dipper of the ocean)

:wtf:

//edit

wtf.gif

Í know its old, figured id get some else going other than the usual boring webmaster questions, ie, ppc, seo, etc. Change is good, thats what good forum does, provide content to users. I provide.

tandokku andoru

kana is so much more practical..

山下 Yamashita (under the mountain) 大輝 Taiki (large radiance)

correct me if i'm wrong, but rarely ever does the actual meaning of one's name in japan, or anywhere else for that matter, make any difference to anything.

mine is Saruwatari Ayumi. (cool! but the saruwatari part is funny coz the meaning of it is monkey on a crossing bridge....)

Oh, before I forget... it should be noted that names can sound the same phonetically, but be written with different characters, thusly carrying different meaning. It depends on what the parents decide, probably the only time the meaning matters... Damnit, it's annoying learning all the damn readings, too.

tandoc said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but rarely ever does the actual meaning of one's name in japan, or anywhere else for that matter, make any difference to anything.
You are correct sir. I don't remember ever anyone calling Kristina Yamaguchi big mouthed.

And these names aren't real anyway, you all have Japanese names...just romanizations in katakana.

Mahoro said:
You are correct sir. I don't remember ever anyone calling Kristina Yamaguchi big mouthed.

And these names aren't real anyway, you all have Japanese names...just romanizations in katakana.

hahahahaha... i'm so sad... i've never seen that name in kanji, but i automatically got the 'big mouthed' thing...

speaking of which.. i think i aced my jap test today.. i think :D

tomorrow i have to write an essay in jap :(

Back