• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your Music Preference

oh..ya.... i forgot to add styx in there... i like them too.... they have a fairly new album out know that i have.. called "Cyclorama".

yea.. thats the same reason why i like that video :D
mmm...midgets....

I also have a morbid fascination with A Flock of Seagulls.

it's probably a good thing I didn't spend my teens in the 80s.

Originally posted by Gayowulf
[NWA, Jurassic 5, Electric Six (HELL YES), Tool, RATM (HELL YES), The Doors (Mr Mojo Risin)

Incubus and their idol, Alice in Chains. Audioslave spawned by Rage Agaisnt the Machine and SoundGarden. All those sissy wannabe punk groups (good charlotte, blink 182, sum41) are just boy bands trying to get the punk title. you arent a punk rock fan if you dont respect Agent Orange, Agression, Black Flag or Sham 69. I used to like The Offspring until they went to Columbia. Everything else is the same as Canuckkev.

Nothing Face.....:yawn: pathetic

I listen to Metal, some new, and some old

fav bands:

Spinshank
Metallica
Thrown to wolves (very new band, no cd)
Chevelle
Finger 11
Scether

Originally posted by 7trax
Incubus and their idol, Alice in Chains. Audioslave spawned by Rage Agaisnt the Machine and SoundGarden. All those sissy wannabe punk groups (good charlotte, blink 182, sum41) are just boy bands trying to get the punk title. you arent a punk rock fan if you dont respect Agent Orange, Agression, Black Flag or Sham 69. I used to like The Offspring until they went to Columbia. Everything else is the same as Canuckkev.

Nothing Face.....:yawn: pathetic

Neither Audioslave nor RATM has anything on Soundgarden. They were dank. Still are. I wish they'd come back.

Originally posted by iFliPcEss
lolz but why? don't you like Michelle Branch? she's pretty and talented too... or? u cannot control yourself if she get closer to you? :p :p :p :p

Heh... You guys talk about Michelle Branch and then she comes on the radio. But then she's from Arizona so they play her stuff quite a bit here anyway.

Of course my favorite all-time band is also from Arizona, the Gin Blossoms. I saw them in concert a month or so ago. They're back together and planning to release a new album next Spring.

And my favorite song of all-time is "One Night in Bangkok" by Murray Head. :)

Originally posted by Blank Verse
Neither Audioslave nor RATM has anything on Soundgarden. They were dank. Still are. I wish they'd come back.

well lets see... zach de la rocha left RATM for family issues... why did chris cornell leave soundgarden??? i love soundgarden but after i heard black hole sun at lollapalooza during their warm ups... audioslave was definately an evolved soundgarden.

I really don't care what reason was responsible for Chris Cornell leaving, I maintain that Chris Cornell was better while working with Kim Thayill. Brilliant team. I'm not gonna delude myslef into thinking that Soundgarden was a revolutionary band in any way, but they were a big part of the grunge scene that kinda exploded in the late 80's early 90's, and that was a big time for music.

Don't get me wrong, I like Audioslave. But musically, Soundgarden was the shit, and in my opinion, Audioslave was a step back for Cornell, at least musically. It was good for his career, obviously, as everyone remembers who he is now.

Last edited:
The 'Breathe' song isn't done by Prodigy or Michelle Branch, it's Telepop Music, and I have no idea wheather it's men or women.

The only good part about Mr. Roboto is the part where he goes "Thank you very much Mr. Roboto for helping me escape just wheeeeeen I needed to, THANK YOU"

Nothingface is awesome.

Audioslave is good, but they need a few more solid albums to compete with soundgarden.

Right now I'm listening to 'The Dwares are Young and Good Looking" by The Dwarves.

I really love punk rock label's compilation cd's. My favorite one are:

Fat Wreck Chords - Fat Music for Fat People I. II, and III
Epitaph Records - Punk-O-Rama I. II and III
New Red Archives - I forget what it's called, but it's 99 cents and it has the Christ on a Crutch song - Fish People
Nitro Records - The comp with DUI by the offspring and 1,2,3 SLAM by gutter mouth. I used to have it, but it got stolen and I can't find it anywhere.

I used to be only into just rock/punk-rock, but I pretty much like a little bit of everything anymore...

These bands have more than one or two songs that I like:

AFI, Santana, H2O, Bad Religion, Me First & The Gimmie Gimmies, Fuel, Strung Out, Incubus, Trapt, Reel Big Fish, Sublime, RX Bandits, Bubba Sparkxx, Operation Ivy, Pennywise, Lagwagon, DMX, Finch, Pearl Jam, Homegrown, 311, Alkaline Trio, ALL, Beastie Boys, Tenacious D, Boy Sets Fire, Face to Face, Allister, 2 Pac, Weakerthans, X-Ecutioners, Yellowcard, New Found Glory, Dr. Dre, Rancid, Jimi Hendrix, Ataris, Bouncing Souls, Weezer, Spineshank, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Tool, NOFX, Jay Z, Thursday, Beatsteaks, Less Than Jake, Taking Back Sunday, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Anti-Flag, Swollen Members, Snoop Dogg, Ben Folds, Flogging Molly, Moka Only, N.E.R.D., Bob Marley, No Use For A Name, Midtown, Ramones, Bush, Counting Crows, MXPX, Lynard Skynard, Dashboard Confessional, Bone Thugs and Harmony, Against All Authority, Nirvana, Offspring, Lucky 7, Green Day, Staind, Rage Against The Machine, The Who, Daycare Swindlers, Evanesence, Foo Fighters, Mad Caddies, Millencolin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saves The Day, Rufio, Sum41, Slipknot, Vandals, Early November, Fear Factory, A Perfect Circle, Starting Line, Shyne, Black Flag, AC/DC, Misfits, Dave Matthews...

The list goes on and on, I could probably name a hundred more.

There's also many other bands and singers that only had like one song I liked, but I wont even bother.

Basically, if I like it, I listen to it. I ditched the whole "mainstream sucks! you can't be cool if you listen to any mainstream, at all, period, because." That's just stupid. Sure, there's mainstream songs that are garbage and great underground songs, but there's also underground songs that are garbage and great mainstream songs as well.

Originally posted by bigperm
Audioslave is good, but they need a few more solid albums to compete with soundgarden.

audioslave doesnt compete with soundgarden because audioslave is soundgarden. chris cornell was soundgarden and has now taken audioslave. saying that audioslave is good but soundgarden was better is jumping to conclusions... you are comparing a band of 10 years to a band of 1. audioslave already has a larger fanbase than soundgarden ever had.

Originally posted by 7trax
audioslave doesnt compete with soundgarden because audioslave is soundgarden. chris cornell was soundgarden and has now taken audioslave. saying that audioslave is good but soundgarden was better is jumping to conclusions... you are comparing a band of 10 years to a band of 1. audioslave already has a larger fanbase than soundgarden ever had.

None of that is at all true. As I said before, Chris Cornell was a big part of Soundgarden, but you're forgetting the influence of Kim Thayill. Chris Cornell wasn't Soundgarden, as you have said, just an important cog in the Soundgarden machine.

Granted, time will tell, but Audioslave definitely does NOT have a bigger fanbase than the one Soundgarden acquired. When Soundgarden was around, the only music people were listening to was them, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam. Now, there's so much shit out there, and people are sheep, they'll listen to whatever the record companies feel like promoting that given week. Audioslave got some decent air time and fans out of that, but there aren't too many people out there who are going to list Audioslave as one of their favourite bands.

oh, yea, ive already posted my main favorite bands, but i just recently got into Thomas Dolby... is it just me or does he sound kinda like David bowie in some of his songs???

I listen to classic rock/punk rock/ska/emo/a little bit of techno. I usually will favor fast-paced songs for the most part, and I sometimes take songs and increase the tempo by like 30% :coolmusic

Back