• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your Music Preference

JemR

What is your music preference? I like alot of music, my favourite song at the moment is Stacie Orrico - (There's Gotta Be) More to Life. Some more of the music I like is:

Blink 182 - Maybe not all of there songs, but a good few I like.
Michelle Branch - She's not well known here in the UK, but she's very good, seen her live, she can sing very well.
Justin Timberlake - I hate every song of his except I'm Lovin' It, it's a very repetitive song but it still entertains me.
Black Eyed Peas - Only Where is the Love? I'm afraid, Shut Up is poor and so is the album in general (Elephunk)
Delta Goodrem - I like her album alot, only song I don't really like is Lost Without You.
Good Charlotte - Highly over-rated, I only like a couple songs again (... Valentine / The Young and The Hopeless / The Anthem)

I like alot more, but I have a poor memory so I often forget the names, but the song sticks in my head. I don't want this thread to turn into a labelling session so please don't.

Thanks! :coolmusic

Canadian pop stuff. Live avril levagne or however you spell her name, alanis morissette, etc.
Techno. Only listened to it on-line radio, so I don't know any names...but I don't like techno with too much lyrics. DJ icey is good.

Hmm...I would say I mostly like "Hard Rock". But I do have some pop-rock CD's.

Bands I own more than one album (So, presumably I like them):
Radiohead
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
White Stripes
Foo Fighters
Tool
Nirvana

Hmm...and more...but I would say those are the main ones.

ugh...remind me to never be around you guys when you're listening to music (oh, except you Kev, those are some good choices)...you could throw Linkin Park in there, and I'd give you my entire reasoning for why the music industry is dying.

lately, I'm into a lot more indie rock, like Hot Hot Heat and Broken Social Scene, but I'd probably still say punk rock above all else (read: not Good Charlotte, Blink, New Found Glory, etc...they all make me cringe). Bad Religion has been my favourite band since I was 11, so I don't know if that will ever change. I love Ska too. Specifically, the Mad Caddies or Catch 22, but there are some damn good band sout there, like the Planet Smashers, and Economy Stud (broken up :()

I like mostly everything that isn't country, or related in any way to Justin Timberlake.

Most played artists of the week:

Dropkick Murphys, Boy Sets Fire, AFI, CKY, DMB, Hoobastank, Less than Jake, Led Zepp, Floyd, Me Frist and the Gimme Gimmes, Machine Head, Nirvana, Reel Big Fish, TrustCompany, Sevendust, The Used, APC, Story of the Year

electronic/dub/ambient: Kruder & Dorfmeister, Nightmares on Wax, Mogwai, Groove Armada, Morcheeba

Rap/Hip-hop: K-Os, Fugees, Jaylib, Black Eyed Peas (pre Elephunk), spearhead, NWA, The Roots, Jurassic 5, Antipop Consortium.

Metal/hardcore: Bolt Thrower, Dimmu Borgir, In Flames, Katatonia, Rammstein, Soilent Green, Eyehategod, turbonegro, Gorgoroth,

Punk: The Dead Milkmen, The Living End, Dead Kennedys, Bad Religion, Propagandhi, Social Distortion, The Minutemen The Real McKenzies, Flogging Molly, Fugazi, Lagwagon Mad Caddies.

Emo/screamo: Alexisonfire, Stutterfly, Billy Talent. (Something Corporate), Jets to Brazil.

Rock: Red hot chili peppers (pre 1992) Pearl Jam, The White Stripes, The Strokes, Electric Six, Cinder, Tool, RATM Seether Sam Roberts The Doors, elliot Smith. Ben Harper, the constantines, rooney, Pink Floyd.

Goth: HIM, Autumn, Nightwish, Mazzy Star.

Other/Indie: Man or Astorman, Sigur Ros, The Flaming Lips, Buckwheat Zydeco, Phantom Planet Chicks on Speed, Imani Coppola, Rooney, The Violent Femmes.

I only download music that I think rules, so my list could go on for awhile. I'm a music junkie. If I paid for my music I'd also be even broker than I am now.

Few more to add, dave matthews band and barenaked ladies. Woo for Mr. Walking Man and the Chimpanzee Song! :biggrin2:

But really, who doesn't love Tenacious D?

Also, good call on some of the bands on your list, specifically The Living End and The Flaming Lips. oh, and K-os.

I'm going to add the Pixies to my list. Only cause they kick ---.

Pixies should be on mine too...
Flaming Lips, I just started downloading some of their stuff. What are some good songs?

I love music preference threads.

Many of my favorite bands have already been mentioned.

The Greatest Band in the World Ever -- Bad Religion

Other great punk rock bands include:
Pennywise -w/ the best punk rock drummer ever
Propagandhi - One of the few bands that got harder with each album
Dillenger 4 - A great band w/ the greatest song titles ever
Dead Kennedys - An awsome band, but the band sued Jello for not letting them on MTV... even though they had songs like 'MTV get off the air'

If anyone likes hardcore, they should check out Superjoint Ritual. It's everything a great hardcore band should be.

But I don't just like heavy music.

Travis Tritt - he keeps the rock and roll in country music
Simon and Garfunkel I got an acoustic guitar a few months ago and now I love Simon and Garfunkel.
The Weakerthans Post-punk at it's folksy best
Radiohead
Sublime
Spacehog
David Bowie (I never thought I would say that I like David Bowie, but I guess my musical preferances cha-cha-changed)

There are many more atrists that I like, but it's be stupid to list them all.

I prefer soundtracks that can be found it games..

Sonic Mayhem
The Nintendo Orchestra (listening to mario land played by a full orchestra is cool :))

remixes of old game tunes can also b mighty fun :)

i don't particularly enjoy the music on the charts, they're kinda lame.. manufactured lame..

Originally posted by tandoc
I prefer soundtracks that can be found it games..

Sonic Mayhem
The Nintendo Orchestra (listening to mario land played by a full orchestra is cool :))

remixes of old game tunes can also b mighty fun :)
Gamer...... :devious2:

People, people, wheres trance? wheres techno? :classic2:

Fav Bands: Fear Factory, Static X, Moonspell, Dope, Chimaira, Zug Izland

Last few cds I bought: Nothing Face - Skeletons, Chimaira - Impossibilty of Reason, Labyrinth - self title, Dope - Group Therapy, Moonspell - Antidote(kick --- cd)

Current fav song: Murder is Masturbation by Nothing Face (funny, it has nothing to do with, uh, masturbation :D )

All time fav song: Burning Inside by Ministry

So I guess you can say I like hard rock/heavy metal

Kev, I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Perm, good to see you in this thread. I heart Sublime. Bradley Nowles (sp?) had one of the best voices I have ever heard, and just, well...damn.

And Dillenger 4? Oh yeah. Double Whiskey Coke on Rye...great song.

I want to add that the greatest song of all time is The Safety Dance, by Men Without Hats.

Skate or Die 2 [nes] has the best video game music, along with most of the Megaman Games.

If anyone hasn't seen the movie 'A Mighty Wind', the songs in that movie are funny.

I'll tell you what, I know I can dance if I want to, and you're damn skippy I can leave my friends behind. Because if they don't dance...well, let me just say, they ain't no friends of mine.

Thank you. :p

Back