• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Your Advice

BooM

Hi guys thx for reading..

well im trying to start a community based on the "indy" music genre and its not going so well, so far i have a couple of members and a mod, thing is the guy thats the mod said he's help me get some publicity and stuff and work hard on the forums but its been about 5 days and he's posted once, so i see im going to have to do it all on my tod, but that not too bad..

I am also trying to script a website for the forum but im learning coding as i go along so its going to take forever to get done.. see but i want to get a small community up before i get really stuck into the website so that all my hard work wont be wasted.. cause posting the site may not get me any more visitors than i currently do..

I found some funds and i can host a competition for one person to win an album of their choice so my question is:

Is it worth running a competition with so few members?
What kinda things shud i run the competition on? (i want it to benefit the community greatly, and also benefit the winner) i was thinking a few reviews or something but im really not sure..

thx for any advice in advance jamie

Isn't it "Indie" music? After some googleing, it appears they are the same, but Indie looks better.

good point .. i did spell it wrong..

thats a good point about advertising, hmm i guess i better get googling :D
thanks for the advice..

You should write some hacked up code for now, but definitely write some content down. Even if you end up changing to a brand-spanking-new webdesign, your content can be copied and pasted wherever you want.

Also, you're going to need to get a group of friends to post on the forum for a while. If you don't have a forum that looks active, people are never going to want to participate. How you get these friends/goons to post for a while is up to you :)

Back