• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yay, I got my server for my host...

The satelite here is very fast, it is a local company that owns it and it runs through local antennas connected to a backbone, the upload speed is around 2mb-65mb a sec big gap, but it is usually very fast. I am paying for the DSL line specifically for the host.

i have 4 computers networked and running off a cable connection one is running apache on xp (and that will change once i become more knowledgable with linux) do I qualify as a datacenter????....lol....btw its in my bedroom so i keep it nice and cool and for redundancy i have a dial up connection...it's a spare as well as free

I am not trying to have some proffessional company here. I just want to host a few sites locally, just bloggers and such. I am not going to really charge for it. I will offer a few free accounts.

and as I said but you seem to keep ignoring the fact that if I do host I will take my server to a data center

I wasn't talking to you michael but everyone who thinks its a crack up that I am trying to run a host from my house. They keep not reading the fact that it isn't for the public but for some friends

Hey like i said I run apache on xp and I also have an ftp server running for now and I dont even bother offering anyone anything free cuz all they do is bitch about someone offering them something free...and I dont mean everyone but there are ppl on this forum that would bitch if u hung them with a new rope... Its been stable been up for every hour the past 2 weeks or so I have kept it up 24 hrs a day except for one reboot to clean up the ram.

Back