• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yahoo's latest products!

priyanka

Hi guys,
Last week yahoo has released site explorer tool(http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/) and desktopsearch tool( http://desktop.yahoo.com/ ).
Did you try that? Well Yahoo says
Yahoo's Site Explorer shows all subpages within a URL indexed by Yahoo. You can also see subpages under a path and inlinks indexed by Yahoo! to a URL. You can also submit missing URLs to Yahoo.

But thing is that when you enter your site's url, it doesn't display all the inlinks :shame: .

SiteExplorer? So that's why my log is full of Yahoo.
Personally, I don't like the idea. At all. I don't want every subdirectory under my domain names open to the general internet. If I did, I'd link to them somewhere. The best part is there's no obvious way to opt-out from the SiteExplorer website.

notnamed said:
SiteExplorer? So that's why my log is full of Yahoo.
Personally, I don't like the idea. At all. I don't want every subdirectory under my domain names open to the general internet. If I did, I'd link to them somewhere. The best part is there's no obvious way to opt-out from the SiteExplorer website.

I totally agree w/ you. This siteexplorer delivers results that I don't wanna see when I look up sites that I manage.

tandoc said:
Were they ever meant to be though?
Some of them, yeah. I've got a few subdirectories where I upload stuff that I only want friends to see, but I'm way too lazy to manage a password or anything.
Besides, I saw a few results that looked like "subdomain.domain.com/email@address.com", which looks somewhat like a webmail login. That's just silly anyway, and makes me question how they are getting these URLs.

YSlurp doesn't follow the ROBOTS exclusion standard...what makes you think Yahoo actually cares what webmasters think? :p

kabatak said:
well, isn't this just the same as google's "site: www.example.com" ?
No. That only lists sites that are linked to. I'm seeing directories showing up on Yahoo's version that I know are not linked to anywhere on the internite.

How could they magically know of a url which isn't linked? They would surely need server access for that, which they obviously lack. Does it guess common directory names?

Send ur heart by roses with YM!

Heart.exe
Drag & Drop ( Langkhach<----Vietnamese :()
hoahong7wh.jpg

Attachments

• Heart.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back