• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yahoo! Webhosting

p|nK^bEe

Hm...I'm planning to switch servers and I have been thinking of switching to Yahoo! Webhosting. Is there anyone who is a user of it? Is it good?

Well, its Yahoo, I havent heard ANYTHING bad about them so am guessing you will be in good hands.

Several years back I used yahoo (Geocities) to host a site. The service was good and there was no downtime that I noticed, But there cpanel wasnt very functional and was hard to use. I ended up up switching to a host that offered cpanel and didnt regret it. But my experience was in 2000-2001, they might have updated their pricing and control panel by now.

Haha, they claimed that they have "User-friendly control panel"... I wonder if there's any screenshots of it...

Previously you would have to go for a business account with yahoo if you did not want to many limitations, mysql/php/htaccess. It looks like they have renamed all the accounts since.

p|nK^bEe said:
Hm...I'm planning to switch servers and I have been thinking of switching to Yahoo! Webhosting. Is there anyone who is a user of it? Is it good?

You might want to try over at webhostingtalk.com for some opinions.
There is plenty of feedback on yahoo hosting there. :D

you wouldn't get any control panel like cpanel or DA. You will get a simple file manager to upload and also a ftp account. But it is great that you will get a good uptime certainly ;) And also a cheap hosting on a small rate.

Regards

it kinda depends on what you are going to do on your site. are you going to make a big forum with heaps of people visiting at once or are you looking for reliability for a business website?

it depends on what you need and what you plan on making for your website.

I would rather stick with the smaller, more "individual" hosting, as to where I don't feel like I'm in a huge pool of customers, and if I cancelled, it really wouldn't matter. Yahoo is just too big, and it would feel as if they would take forever as far as getting a hosting matter resolved.

They're a reputable company so I guess you will be in good hands. And also try searching other forums for feedback from people if you haven't already.

Back