• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yahoo to give home page a makeover

ashben

After holding on to the same basic framework for seven years, Yahoo is planning to launch a newly redesigned home page that features a cleaner layout and a better showcase for advertisers, according to sources familiar with the changes.

Full article

I think it was long due!

I think what has made Yahoo so popular is because they have always kept the same layout for so many number of years. Which is surprising because it's recommended that you change your website layout at least every 2-3 years to give a new fresh look. Changining it too often (every 6 months) isn't recommended, but every 2-3 years is fine. Yahoo has had the same design for what? 6-7-8 years?

I really don't use yahoos search engine.

Is it true Yahoo was founded by two 12 year olds?

It has just been pointed out to me that the "important" content on the site is located at the bottom of the page.
And the content at the top is merely paid advertisments, thus making it so that new users will more than likely click on the top content, and get sent to some pay site. :rolleyes:
Very sneaky Yahoo!

Originally posted by jmiller
It has just been pointed out to me that the "important" content on the site is located at the bottom of the page.
And the content at the top is merely paid advertisments, thus making it so that new users will more than likely click on the top content, and get sent to some pay site. :rolleyes:
Very sneaky Yahoo!
that's the way they earn back the cost of the servers and transfer.

The beta doesn't look much different from the original. The layout's exactly the same, all they did was clean up everything a little.

How about the "Try the beta version of Yahoo!'s new home page" link at the top right-hand side of the current yahoo.com homepage?

Not that you were talking to me... but I can't find that link at yahoo.com!

Just on a side note: That's the first time I've gone to yahoo in months, if not years. :D

Originally posted by jmiller
Very sneaky Yahoo!

Pointed out to you? You read PCWorld.

Back