• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yahoo emails claiming i won $300?

instanthosting

Hi i am getting emails from apparently Yahoo claming i have won $300, it looked so authentic i clicked, and it gave me a virus, im just warning people about this so it does not happen to them, it downloaded in the background and when i shut down internet explorer i noticed it and it had downloaded, i then rebooted my computer and it was showing error messages, i then had to reform the whole system! HOW UNCALLED FOR!

Why do people make viruses what plesure do they get from making them it just wrecks other peoples fun!

Well, maybe you should use your head and get an anti-virus software.

There are several free ones. Although, I am not telling you to go to www.limewire.com, I am not telling you to download it, and I am not telling you to click "Programs" and search for "Norton".

Limewire to my knowledge is a program for downloading music only. You should be smart enough to scan any email you recieve before opening it.

Plus if you suspicious about an email no matter who it is from DONT OPEN IT!

lol, in the same way as Liquid Goat said,

i am not telling you to click on programs, i am not telling you to search for "limewire pro", i am not telling you to select "limewire pro **latest version**" (or however it may form), i am not telling you to download it, and i am not telling you to install it.

It was scanned and i have 2 anti viruses i dont think they registered it and also it scans an email not the site it refers you to, im just warning people and limewire is for software also

Why do you make your friends laugh? You're trying to get attention, right? Now let me give you a different question. Why do people make viruses?

The answer: For the same reason you make your friends laugh

Back