• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

yahoo email plus

Wrong forum? :confused:

It comes with my yahoo dsl .. all you get is 10 MB space, POP3, forwarding, etc. It's useless .. don't bother paying for it unless you use up your 4 MB. Even then, just transfer the messages to your computer.

Yahoo! free is just enough for me. Filtered spam goes into the Bulk folder, hardly any spam, 4mb of space, a hell of alot better than hotmail, I get 100 spam messages a day it seems :rolleyes:

Originally posted by In Flames 00
Yahoo! free is just enough for me. Filtered spam goes into the Bulk folder, hardly any spam, 4mb of space, a hell of alot better than hotmail, I get 100 spam messages a day it seems :rolleyes:

that's true , but u have to visit them and login , password.. everyday do the same thing... ;(

Velton contact me if you would like a free email address with 50mb @hosting-talk.net or filetopia3.com which includes anti-virus scanning :)
The spam is VERY small, i thin maybe only the admin account gets spam,only spam i get is from companies wishing to submit me to search engines so i doubt any user accounts would get that. I also have a spam blocker included in all accounts.
If your interested contact me, oh yeah, its pop3 and webmail ;)
John

Originally posted by velton
that's true , but u have to visit them and login , password.. everyday do the same thing... ;(

Not if you use POP, you can access it through programs like Outlook et. Also, you get 6MB if you sign up to the UK yahoo.

Originally posted by indx
Not if you use POP, you can access it through programs like Outlook et. Also, you get 6MB if you sign up to the UK yahoo.

ooh, i never know that yahoo allowed pop and smtp for free user

what should i fill in the pop and smtp server if i wanted to getting email from my yahoo email without logon the webmail . is that something like hotmail use in outlook that paste my login url in to the server setting in outlook ?

and i wonder yahoo.com is offering 4mb but why yahoo.co.uk still offering 6mb ?

Last edited:
Originally posted by In Flames 00

Upss. I Got 6 Mb on my Account :cool:

what should i fill in the pop and smtp server if i wanted to getting email from my yahoo email without logon the webmail . is that something like hotmail use in outlook that paste my login url in to the server setting in outlook ?

No it doesnt allow POP3 access ..

Besides, there are a lot more free email providers.

Originally posted by EpidemiK
No it doesnt allow POP3 access ..

Besides, there are a lot more free email providers.

erm.. but i more prefer yahoo cause they are a big search engine . and good security , and viruses free

yes , you can check Yahoo mail

You can use Yahoo POPs . It's free of charge and allow you to check Yahoo mail from any email client .
I' using it ...

no, am not meaning check others pop mail from yahoo webmail, i means i can check my yahoo email from my email client.

There is information on the POP access here.

Incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

SMTP mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

There is a full guide here.

but i can't login via my email client .. all setting are done . but then server keep asking bout my password

but i can't login via my email client .. all setting are done . but then server keep asking bout my password

Works for me, make sure you follow the guide exactly.

Back