• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

yabbSE vs. OpenBB

Originally posted by Giancarlo
Definitely not Yabb, a poster called Cheatpark can hack into it very easy if I am not mistaken.
You've read the post wrong. I can hack yabb (the perl version) but I can't hack yabbse because it uses a mysql database. By the way I think yabbse is better than openbb.

Originally posted by cheatpark

You've read the post wrong. I can hack yabb (the perl version) but I can't hack yabbse because it uses a mysql database. By the way I think yabbse is better than openbb.

Ah! Oh... my bad.

I would go with PHPBB... but just decided to go with Phorum.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Ah! Oh... my bad.

I would go with PHPBB... but just decided to go with Phorum.
Don't go for the easy option. He asked the best out of yabbse and openbb. However, you are right that phpbb is better than all of them but there are ones which will soon be better than phpbb. Also in a few hours rc4 of phpbb will be released so it might be easier to install.

actually openbb looks like they just bought vbulletin code and just edited it a little. yabbSE made the whole code themselves which is better! YabbSE just looks more pro and more better than openbb since first openbb looked like vbulletin then now they changed it to UBB! Just stealing themes. LOL

Originally posted by Californium
actually openbb looks like they just bought vbulletin code and just edited it a little.

Obviously you haven't looked at the code. What the themes look like is absoulutely meaningless. Why should it matter? Anyone who cares at all about their forum is going to do a full redesign to customize their forum to fit into their site correctly anyway.

OpenBB is the fastest forum, seems to beat vB according to tests. phpBB is likely the best overall free forum at least for now. YABB, even if it's a PHP/SQL version, is still just yet another bulletin board... nothing special about it.

Last edited:
Originally posted by cheatpark

If you set the "Members" Directory, which YABB creates, to not viewable, then the users won't be able to view the members' passwords and stuff.

Originally posted by Dumbbell69

If you set the "Members" Directory, which YABB creates, to not viewable, then the users won't be able to view the members' passwords and stuff.
But its still crap even if you do that. If your host allows people to view directories then it can still be hacked although not many hosts allow it now. However its still crap because the text files are slower than mysql.

Back