• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yabb SE vs Invision Boards

I'm not going to judge by the looks, since they both look just as good (but I can tell you that Invisionboard is the ugliest if you choose not to customize the colors). However, because of the security problems with YaBB SE, I would recommend InvisionBoard.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
(but I can tell you that Invisionboard is the ugliest if you choose not to customize the colors)
I do think that this should be ignored, as it a great colour scheme IMO.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
I do think that this should be ignored, as it a great colour scheme IMO.

Yes, actually it did...until every frickin' person decided that they would keep the default colors. :angry2: (please excuse the language :devious2: )

*chants* IN-VI-SION!

Invision I say. INVISION!

*cackles* MHAUAAHAHAHAHAAHAUHAUHAHAAU! *falls unconscious*

Yes, actually it did...until every frickin' person decided that they would keep the default colors. :angry2: (please excuse the language :devious2: )

I see way more customization on Invision Boards (c0lours and buttons) than I do on VB boards (like this freewebspace forum). VB boards all look the same.
:classic2:

Originally posted by Super8

I see way more customization on Invision Boards (c0lours and buttons) than I do on VB boards (like this freewebspace forum). VB boards all look the same.
:classic2:

Hehe...I don't care to even explain to you how many Invisionboards with the standard blue theme that I've seen.

The thing about vB is that I have never seen an uncustomized vBulletin board (except for the one on Jelsoft). :) Everyone at least changes that purple scheme. However, with Invisionboard, I'd say 70% of the boards out there just keep the blue scheme.

Or if they're decent, they'll find a free template online, and then everyone ends up using the same damn template. ;)

Yeah, that's because either they were lazy or waiting for v1.1 final to come out before customising. ;)

Invision all the way..you can't even compare the 2. Invvision and phpbb is a better comparison. Th reason why invision is simple. Better looking, better security, better customization..and yes, the default color looks better than Yabb SE's default colors.

But then again, everyone has their own opinion. :)

Well, Invision has had it's share of security problems as well. But what exactly are you looking for in a board? Why not phpBB2? It's better than Invision (IMO).

Just remember, what ever board you choose, at least download a template and use it, rather than the default.

For both invision and phpbb2, I've liked the default better than all the color themes.

Yes the default themes are usually pretty good, actually...I think the only reason people change it is to match with their site...Some people even change their sites color to match their forums color instead of the other way around! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by and1zone
Invision all the way..you can't even compare the 2. Invvision and phpbb is a better comparison. Th reason why invision is simple. Better looking, better security, better customization..and yes, the default color looks better than Yabb SE's default colors.

But then again, everyone has their own opinion. :)

Hmm...I actually think the YaBB SE colors are just as good as those of InvisionBoard. But I've seen at least 10x more uncustomized InvisionBoards than YaBB SE. It's really not a bad color scheme - I would have liked it a lot if people had actually bothered to customize their boards. :(

Isn't the v1.1 final already out? I still see so many uncustomized boards... :confused2

Hmm...I actually think the YaBB SE colors are just as good as those of InvisionBoard. But I've seen at least 10x more uncustomized InvisionBoards than YaBB SE, and I'm sick of it. It's really not a bad color scheme - I would have liked it a lot if people had actually bothered to customize their boards. :(

Isn't the v1.1 final already out? I still see so many uncustomized boards... :confused2
No, Beta4 just released. It was more of a rewrite rather than an incremental version. It's like v2.

Originally posted by The Red Guy
No, Beta4 just released. It was more of a rewrite rather than an incremental version. It's like v2.

v2? I thought you said that v1.1 wasn't out? :confused:

Anyhow, I hope these people will customize their boards once the final comes out. :)

Back