• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

YaBB or Ikonboard?

Shadowmore

Just wondering what people think about the two in terms of easy-to-use admin controls, configurability and user friendlyness.

Thanks,
Shadowmore

YaBB all the way! ;) With a good template and mods, it is the best. The original template makes it look shit.

what about phpbb? is it better than ikonboard and where can i get ikonboard templates? i really hate the main one that they have.

I'll be needing and .cgi

I'll be using Digital-Rice when they come back up and so yes I believe I'll be needing cgi files. Although I did look at phpBB a while back a bit more customizeable in terms of code wise but not in terms of iterface wise. Also for all those looking to make a .php site that is very user friendly check out my friends site www.blisterphp.com

Shadowmore

what about OpenBB ? it looks like vbulletin i think its pretty good :) and its free. i am running it on my site ! you can change alot of settings so you get it as you want :)

Originally posted by iLLuSioN
what about OpenBB ? it looks like vbulletin i think its pretty good :) and its free. i am running it on my site ! you can change alot of settings so you get it as you want :)
The last time I checked, $160 US wasn't free...

Back