• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

yabb or ib ?

the best of perl/cgi forum script

• yabb

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • ikonboard

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • no idea

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
For the 50 million and tenth time Grrr...

YaBB exists longer than iB, actually Matt Mecham was in the YaBB team before he started iB.

And second, no there is no "major bug" in YaBB. All that there have been gone for ages.

And quit those comparisons, nobody needs them, some like YaBB better some like iB better. So be it.

hehe. Don't worry. I just wonder, do you still like the threads about which board is better? Even after the twentieth time? If I'd be a moderator I'd lock them and point them to on of the others. Or even make such a topic sticky. This is getting really annoying IMO

Solution: If you see a topic like this, stay away, and you wont get annoyed. I think that will help, Mr. YaBB. BTW: Are you ever going to fix the coding to LR? Its awefully messy and never works when i set it up.

isn't iB 3 out already? well I believe it is but it is still very buggy so I wouldn't recommend it, anyway both have it good and bads so there is no BEST one, different webmaster have different taste

Originally posted by Weapon
isn't iB 3 out already? well I believe it is but it is still very buggy so I wouldn't recommend it, anyway both have it good and bads so there is no BEST one, different webmaster have different taste

yeah, iB::3 beta is out, of course it has some bugs, but it's useable as a main forum.

Both are Perl ... I know Ikonboard might come out with a PHP/MySQL verison after the final of iBv3 comes out.

KNK, i was talking about YaBB and kB, not YaBB and iKONbOARd

kB is the php version of YaBB.. apparently

Back