• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XP question

CareBear

NLC
NLC
what happened to the preview pane in Explorer? :confused: Is it still there but hidden somewhere or did they just remove it?

When you clicked on a picture you used to get a little thumbnail, if you clicked on a video/audio file you'd get Windows Media Player etc.

Scroll down to the bottom of the left window panel. You still get the preview, but you can no longer play it from within there.

You could always go back to the classic Windows look if you like.

I prefer the classic look because it's more compact.

The Luna skin is big and bulky .. :confused2

Originally posted by n7of9
View-Thumbnails :confused:
no, in Win2k you had a "preview pane" kind of thing to the left of all the files. If you clicked on a mp3/music file you'd get media player and you could just play it right there inside the Explorer window, or if it was video you could play it there as well.
Guess they thought noone ever used it :(

If you are talking about WIndows Explorer under Windows XP, to get to anything that I can think that is anything like what you mean, there is a list of folders etc on the left hand side of the window when you first load Windows Explorer, if you close that, you will see a something that looks like the attached image when you select an image, or a video, a thumbnail and a capture repectively will be shown in the details section.
Screen Cap of Possible Preview Pane

The closest I found in WinXP is to dock media player to the task bar. Not quite what I wanted but it'll have to do I guess :(

Attachments

• winxp.jpg
    winxp.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 19
Back