• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XP install

shizzle

WOw I have a title
NLC
I've finally decided to get off ym butt and install XP. Before I install it though (I am going to do a full format install), I have some questions.

I just got a 20GB HD from a friend, which I want to use as a backup HD (all my old files, sites, mp3s, etc). Now, I will back up some stuff from my old HDD, and put it on the new one. (New one will be a slave drive or something). Now, when I install XP, I know there is an option that asks if you want to do a full format installation (I DO). However, I only want it to format my C Drive, not the new drive. Can it do that? Does it do that? And then once XP is installed, will I still be able to see my new drive?

When you're installing XP, first it'll ask you to choose which drive you want to install XP on (pick C: drive) then it'll ask you to do a quick or full format for the drive you picked...

- SF

Back