• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XP = bandwodth theif

Weapon

NLC
NLC
I read somewhere that XP helps itself to 20% of your bandwidth, too bad it didn't post a link on how to reduce it, anyone know how to stop it? :biggrin2:

Not true. It doesn't "Steal" your bandwidth at all. TechTV wrote something countering this a while ago, I will see if I can dig it up.

That's why you should use Win2000, no problems with my [crappy] connection so far.

Originally posted by Hayama-kun
That's why you should use Win2000, no problems with my [crappy] connection so far.

i agreed

i don't plan to ever get XP until microsoft take out their stupid activation code sh*t
i don't wanna call microsoft each time i need to do a formatting for a new code

it doesn't have any of that activiation shit in it, although WinXP does help itself to 20% of your bandwidth as well as sends info about you to Microsoft.

Quick end to XP pains: fdisk. Find it on a Win9x emergency disk or any DOS startup disk.

What does it do with all the bandwidth? Does it call home that often? What did you intsall it for, weeps? Idiot! :mad:

Back