• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XML (extensions with .wmz)

John Creighton

I had an account at geocities for quite some time. They seemed adequate for my needs but I haven’t updated my account in a while. When I tried to upload a webpage with lots of formulas in it created from word it wouldn’t let me upload any files with the extension.wmz. This file extension rule is annoying. I tried Angel Towns and I had the same problem. Does anyone know of any free webservers that aren’t so restrictive of what kind of files you can upload? I thought a little bit about paying for it I know geocities offers 250 MB per month for only 8.50 a month. However I do not know if I will face the same problem and if I am going to pay for it as a minimum I want to be able to upload files using an FTP client.

If you are looking for paid hosting, you might find many offers on the Offers section. There's a section for free hosting offers as well and I am sure you can find something there that suit you. :p

It has the extension .wmz. I think it has to do with the XML markup language. It is called a Windows Media Player Skin Package? Microsoft word creates them when you have mathematical formulas in your document.

you could of zipped or renamed to .123 and make your users rename to .wmz
but I guess a new host would be more user friendly

Try using the search function on the homepage, you should be able to find many possible web hosts.

Back