• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XMB vs. PhpBB

The last time I tried them out I preferred phpbb over xmb because xmb was still in early beta stages and had a lot of bugs. Most of the bugs are probably fixed now though, so I guess it's up to you.

i choose XMB. :)

i faced problem with phpBB when try to login as admin (login as member is ok) ... so i try xmb ... and i fall in love with xmb :p

yes! xmb still on beta version i think ... there are bugs .. and there are patch for you .. but inside that patch also have bugs .. haha. beware!! :classic2:

It seems xmb is from a 14 year old young man and phpbb is from a group of more experienced programmer.

go to their own forums and check the registered users, and you know phpbb is much popular. By the way, just in case you don't know how phpbb2 looks like, go to phpbb's forum and search for it. It's much more attractive than the current version.

Originally posted by ebird
It seems xmb is from a 14 year old young man and phpbb is from a group of more experienced programmer.

go to their own forums and check the registered users, and you know phpbb is much popular. By the way, just in case you don't know how phpbb2 looks like, go to phpbb's forum and search for it. It's much more attractive than the current version.

Whats ur point...if a 14 year older can write a forum script and make it look good and a it takes a TEAM to make one what does it matter..i say more power to the 14 year older..

But the point of that mater is, phpBB has a team to update the board and fix bugs. Since XMB is just coded by one person, he won't be able to devote all of his time to update it and fix bugs.

I've mentioned this before, but...

Most of these look and feel more or less the same on the outside. They have similar features, some have more, or different ones.

What really separates them is the backend admin of the board, something you should consider if the forum *might* even get popular (the aim usually).

The most advanced in this area that I've used is vBull and if you have a forum that might get popular, I'd spend the money, even if just the one time yearly license of $85. Well worth it IMHO.

Originally posted by Phrozen
But the point of that mater is, phpBB has a team to update the board and fix bugs. Since XMB is just coded by one person, he won't be able to devote all of his time to update it and fix bugs.

That's my point.

Back to recommendation, for forums, I recommend vB, since people pay for it and the developers have resources to make it better.

for phpBB, an experienced team (maybe just marketing BS) as behind it, and it seems more popular than other free boards. I will go with it if I want a free board.

Back