• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XF-Host.com's new web site

milkyway

Please let me know what you think about the new web site for http://xf-host.com/ :)

Thanks!!

I made it all with Fireworks & Dreamweaver in about 5 hours and checked every page with http://validator.w3.org/

So it looks the way I intended it to in IE (Win), IE (Mac), Firefox, and Safari. I have yet to see it in Opera because I'm too lazy to go download it. I probably won't either since I already validated the site so it should have no flaws.

I also know about but haven't tested in iCab.
>> I didn't bother testing in Mozilla or Camino since they are all Gecko based, as is Firefox.

Last edited:
I would suggest making the frame longer so there's no vertical scroll bar. Small vertical scroll bars in the middle of the page make my brain hurt.

Other than that, I think it's a sweet design. Good idea with the little round things as links. But it may confuse some people who are just starting out with this new fangled intarweb. There's no indication they are links unless you hover the mouse over them.

I give it 10 points for sweetness, then take away 1 point for a brain ache. 9/10.

Well the design looks nice and I like what you done with the drop down menus for login. I would say that it is very nice. The nav approach is refreshing (makes me want to launch my copy of FireWorks as well). Not grand mind you because the design seems to have a simple nature.
Here is my ideas of what you may consider taking into account.
1) For those who have never visited your site before or don't have good visual memories, the small buttons displayed on your site of what first seems to be an enter button can be a little less than user friendly.
2) The text that is under the big "XF-HOST.COM" title on rollover of the buttons is sufficiently small that the less run of the mill text used might not be worth the trade off for visual clarity. I would suggest that you use Times or a similar font in bold.
3) Lastly it would be nice for it too have a balanced shine (a certain light balance that is not too overly bright but enhances and sharpens the appearance). This might deviate from what you are looking for (especially with the red text in the forum. Just decide what look you are going for.
Simple though impressive work, good luck with your website.

Thanks for the input, I'll begin working on a newer (but similar) version sometime soon, I know exactly what I want to change first, but I won't say anything until I finish.
I will put it up at another URL so you can compare the two versions and tell me which one is better.

Back