• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XDCC system?

heymrdj

The Debian Lover
NLC
Ok I'm roughly aquainted with running an IRC server. I was searching around for a song that I could never find (Valkyrja from Mai-Otome by Yousei Teikoku if anyone's wondering). I find the packlist on a site and it says pack #741 is my song. It says by simply joining the IRC and typing this /msg command with the packnumber to the archivebot that it will download. Ok so I'm thinkin "I've never tried this before but what the heck". So I load up Chatzilla and get into the room. Well I type the command and it says it couldn't find the pack number...bummer right? Well I review the command and I see I called the current files bot, not the archive bot. So I call the command again but this time for the archive bot. Boom! It's found the file, asking me to accept, and then downloading. Its awsome. I found many other songs that I could never find, site has 86GB of music, second only to another direct download site.

The moral of the story is I find this method very interesting. How does one go about setting up an XDCC server and where are the files stored? Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS: man college keeps me busy, I haven't posted in forever.

for starters, wrong forum.

to get an xdcc server running, you'll need mirc or what of the scripts that uses it, or xchat, google, and some patience.

for starters, wrong forum.

to get an xdcc server running, you'll need mirc or what of the scripts that uses it, or xchat, google, and some patience.

Where else would it go? This isn't webdesign or programming help.

I want a standalone version that runs on Linux or Windows server. Not something for home computer (like mirc).

Belongs in Computer section.

Johnson, squeeze down that stupid font.

This isn't about something on a computer. I don't want it running on a home or office computer. I need a standalone program meant to run on a server, just like UnrealIRC. I just want to know how to extend IRC into DCC++/XDCC.

Torrents killed the XDCC star.

Not really, many that are after my content can't use torrent because they live on a college campus. But they can use IRC. Many of them use XDCC when they can find what they want. So now I'm just wondering how the whole system works and how I could set the system up on my VPS or Dedicated server.

Back