• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

XAMPP help for Mac

now that i understand how to actually log to the root account on here, i am goiing to try the built in apache and php again. i will keep you all posted. thanks for the help guys.

ok, update. i removed xampp and am using the OS built in apache and php. i installed mysql and pear. now im working on figuring out how to get phpmyadmin going. everything working so far, so, i will see what to do with phpmyadmin, adn be set.

so, i got phpmyadmin installed too, but, something still isnt right with it. something is missing, but, i will post the error later when i have more time. anyone installed phpmyadmin on their system that might be able to help me with my question when i get a chance to post the error?

Again, not on a Mac, but I've installed phpMyAdmin a lot of times, and others in this thread seem to have some Google-fu. Don't ask if you can post, just post. :p

JohnN, im on a mac man, no need to do that. apache and mysql are already built in to the OS. phpmyadmin isnt however, but, it is easy to install. just need to make some mod that i am unsure of. i will post the error tonight and see if anyone knows why i am getting it.

you dont need to, but its a hell of a lot easier to hit install on one .dmg and it all be sorted;-)

i had xampp, but had trouble with the virtual hosts for some reason. they would probably actually work now that i have them set up working on the comp without xampp, but, i really think it would be best to just use what the OS already has. plus i could use the experience of installing stuff. need to learn lamp more.

Back