• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

x10Hosting forums down?

RunWithTheWind

Hey,

Is it just me or is x10Hosting's forums down? As, to signup for their hosting you need a forum account and ofcourse I can't get one as their forums is down.

Why not just go and view some of the free hosting offers, and see if one tickles your fancy, or if you want quality, why not look at James' thread in Free Hosting Offers relating to "Websites Network", you can't get higher quality free hosting than that.

Like people have said above, you should get a new free host. I've been with x10 before, they're not that stable. There are a few decent free hosts out there. It depends what you need. I know x10 over stupid packages so you may be requiring something like that again. If so, the above posts wouldn't be suitable.

Thanks for that.
Like the above hosts we do offer the smaller 200mb Packages with No Ads, No P2H. Our key is reliability and support. If you've got any more questions PM me.

X10 is a great host, I've been with them before and I've had no problems. They have 5 Quad Core Xeon Servers with 4 GB RAM each, who wouldn't have problems once in a while managing thousands of accounts? I believe they also now have a dedicated server just for MySQL...

They seem to be up now...

Last edited:
Hello,

I am sorry about not being able to reach our forums, our staff have been busy lately with all the changes we have been making to our hosting side. Our forums are not usually off, not sure why were you unable to access them.

To correct plbeane94, we have a 5 servers (3 free, 2 paid) (Quad Core Xeon's X3220 w/ 4 GB Ram), we had a dedicated MySQL server but we were having problems with it, so we have gotten 73 GB 15k SCSI's on each free server now serving MySQL. While we were doing that, we thought we would optimize the free servers, so we copied the accounts off of each one at a time, reformatted the servers, and moved them back. While that happened, we had a backlog of accounts waiting to be made, I'd like to say just under 6,000 (maybe more?), and when we initiated those to be created, it started to overload the servers (with accounts being made). We are now getting our scripts back up and running (resource usage, inactivity, the PHP level system) so everything should be working soon.

Thanks for choosing x10 if you have, if not I wish you luck at your next web host.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am sorry about not being able to reach our forums, our staff have been busy lately with all the changes we have been making to our hosting side. Our forums are not usually off, not sure why were you unable to access them.

To correct plbeane94, we have a 5 servers (3 free, 2 paid) (Quad Core Xeon's X3220 w/ 4 GB Ram), we had a dedicated MySQL server but we were having problems with it, so we have gotten 73 GB 15k SCSI's on each free server now serving MySQL. While we were doing that, we thought we would optimize the free servers, so we copied the accounts off of each one at a time, reformatted the servers, and moved them back. While that happened, we had a backlog of accounts waiting to be made, I'd like to say just under 6,000 (maybe more?), and when we initiated those to be created, it started to overload the servers (with accounts being made). We are now getting our scripts back up and running (resource usage, inactivity, the PHP level system) so everything should be working soon.

Thanks for choosing x10 if you have, if not I wish you luck at your next web host.
By the sounds of that it appears you need to re-think some of your packages and business plan.

By the sounds of that it appears you need to re-think some of your packages and business plan.

Well, we've had the same packages 3 years now? (not sure on this), we are currently determining whether we need another free server or not (if that's what you mean by business plan?). I mean we have been open since 2004 (December), so the business plan we have can't be too bad. Like I said, I am not sure on that aspect.

Well, we've had the same packages 3 years now? (not sure on this), we are currently determining whether we need another free server or not (if that's what you mean by business plan?). I mean we have been open since 2004 (December), so the business plan we have can't be too bad. Like I said, I am not sure on that aspect.
But if your getting the reputation as a bad unstable host doesn't that say something? If you're loading thousands of 5 gb accounts on a server.

Not slamming in any way as X10 has been around and I don't really remember much said bad so good on you - but why would you go live with a MySQL server that then developed problems?
Possibly what Jonny meant was don't overreach, it's hassle, it costs but test everything out for 100% (or near as damn it) working.
Everytime something goes down you'll hear about it - but not all the times it didn't :wink2:

Yeah sorry if it sounds like I'[m getting at you, I had cold hands :p I had to type fast. All i'm saying is that maybe you should change slightly to up your reputation.

Not slamming in any way as X10 has been around and I don't really remember much said bad so good on you - but why would you go live with a MySQL server that then developed problems?
Possibly what Jonny meant was don't overreach, it's hassle, it costs but test everything out for 100% (or near as damn it) working.
Everytime something goes down you'll hear about it - but not all the times it didn't :wink2:

Thanks for the clarification on what Jonny` meant, but the problem with the MySQL server was when phpMyAdmin loaded, it loads all of the databases each time, which took some time with 10,000 databases, the average phpMyAdmin load time was just over 5 minutes.

We are getting everything back under control though, soon downtime will be minimal like it was before:).

Last edited:
Back