• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

x10, limedomains, XtreemHost or other - best free host w/no ads

NealJ777

Hello.

Since this is my first thread, here's a little into:

My name is Neal, from Virginia. I live in the Shenandoah Valley and commute to Sterling (yep, long commute). In my spare time I like to do photography.

... here comes the main post....

I used to run my own photography business, long story short, I closed the business. Anyway, I used to use a paid hosting company for my website. Since it is now personal, I can't afford to pay for hosting services, but I do intend on keeping my domain. I also have a blog. I would like to find a free no-ad hosting service that allows you to use your own domain (not a subdomain xxxx.hostingcompany.com). Of course, I understand that with a free hosting company, you get what you pay for, but it would still be nice to find a good company.

I was looking at either limedomains or x10hosting. I also found XtreemHost. Any feedback on those three? I'm open to all recommendations.

Limedomains requires that you transfer your domain and use them as a registrar in order to have a free account (with your own domain). I like my current registrar and really don't want to move, but I initiated (but not completed the authorization of) the transfer.

X10hosting just requires that you log into their Community Forum once every 31 days. Which is not an issue, easy to do.

I should add that I am a technical person and don't really need much from support (but it would be nice if they are responsive!). I can install stuff on my own (I can install WordPress on my own, no need for an install script). My "day job" is as a Tech Support Analyst for a Managed DNS company.

If there are other threads about free hosting sites, please let me know. I am sure that you get these kind of questions all the time.

I would appreciate responses before this weekend, otherwise my domain transfer will go through before I can tell the current registrar to deny the move.

Thank you in advance.
Neal

for free hosting, x10hosting is quite a reputable company.
i highly recommend u to proceed to host with them.

I have tried freebeehosting.com but I left it for cross ind. because freebeehosting.com had problems as well . And sign up is very safe to do. or wait for izfree.com.hosting to come back on line that's the why I'm on www.x-ind.com.

@hamster
No, it doesn't. Next time I will post screenshots.

@NealJ777
Thanks. I know it was down.

@hamster
No, it doesn't. Next time I will post screenshots.

@NealJ777
Thanks. I know it was down.

Here's a screen shot (from just two minutes ago):

ScreenHunter_02Jan101120.jpg

It was down earlier today too. I posted a screen shot, but I don't see my reply posted.

For Cpanel hosting, I would have to say Namepad is by far the best host I have had.

For Direct Admin, Paradox Servers has been very reliable since they upgraded the servers.

Both hosts offer excellent support and speed.

Back