• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

wwwboard

Blank Verse

NLC
NLC
I'm using Matt Wright's wwwboard, and I'm experiencing problems with it. The problem is in the .pl file itself, that I do know...what exactly that problem is, I don't know. Here's the important parts of the code...keep in mind that it is uploaded in ASCII and chmodded correctly.

#!/usr/bin/perl

# Define Variables

$basedir = "/www/molsonmuscle/wwwboard.html";
$baseurl = "http://www.t35.com/molsonmuscle/wwwboard.html";
$cgi_url = "http://www.t35.com/molsonmuscle/cgi/wwwboard.pl";

$mesgdir = "messages";
$datafile = "data.txt";
$mesgfile = "wwwboard.html";
$faqfile = "faq.html";

$ext = "html";

I know the path to Perl is correct, cause it's the same one all my other .pl scripts run on...

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Can you run the board at all? What's the exact error you get? And does your host allow you to run .pl files? If not change the extension to .cgi and everywhere else where the script's path comes up.

it might be t35 itself

a lot of people are saying they can't get scripts to work on their server

Can you run the board at all? What's the exact error you get? And does your host allow you to run .pl files? If not change the extension to .cgi and everywhere else where the script's path comes up.

Well, I get the actual html file, and I can enter all the information, but when I submit it, I get the internal server error...Amelen, the administrator, assures me there's nothing wrong with it (my guestbook and surveys, etc...all work fine too), so that's not the problem...it's in the .pl file itself.

$basedir = "/www/molsonmuscle/wwwboard.html";

Just take off the /wwwboard.html and give it a shot.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

it might be t35 itself

a lot of people are saying they can't get scripts to work on their server

It's not that, my other scripts work fine

It probably is really hackable...but if anyone wants to hack my board, then they must have already hacked everything that was remotely important.

Back