• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.TheNetGamer,com

Rebel

www.TheNetGamer.com

I do this site for a friend of mine. I just moved him over to our site server, and updated the look just a little bit. Tell me what you think of the current design please. :)

http://www.thenetgamer.com

Last edited:
Pfffftt...the design is nice, but dare I say the servers aren't at all that great. My ping has risen from 70-90 to 160 and above and it's not my connection. :mad2:

And the server keeps crashing alot.

Originally posted by Daniel
Pfffftt...the design is nice, but dare I say the servers aren't at all that great. My ping has risen from 70-90 to 160 and above and it's not my connection. :mad2:

And the server keeps crashing alot.

Heh, I'm only in charge of the website. All the other physical server details are handled by the Owner of the company. :p

Thank you for the kind words, again I did have some excellent help with the coding. I like the way it all turned out personally.

first time i've liked white as a background color nice simple and easy to use site

Originally posted by invisionz
lol those pings are pretty high for gaming in the U.S, in AU we average 25 ms..

LOL.

Well you have to consider the price. It's roughly $80/month for a 20 slot public server with unmetered bandwidth at The Net Gamer. Then you have GriffinRun (don't know about bandwidth limit...) with the same 20 man public slot for $295/month. You get what you pay for, if you want rock solid ultra low pings and you have a ton of cash to blow, then go to GR. But, if you're like me who is a poor college student trying to get by, then $80/month with a little lag doesn't seem so bad. :p

1. I don't think the red is nice at all.
2. The visa, paypal and mastercard pictures at the bottom are blurry.

Apart from these minor things, it's a nice looking site.

Score 85/100

Originally posted by The Red Guy
- Have a divider between each news.
- Have a download page instead of a directory.

B-

What do you recommend for a divider, I don't think "----------------" would look very good. They are seperated by news title which is a different color than the rest of the page.

The downloads page is setup like that for quick easy and always updated access to files. I had a downloads page before, but it always took time to update those pages which led to people waiting.

This is a free site design for the client. I am not always going to stop doing whatever I'm working on at the drop of the hat to update a downloads page as soon as the file releases.

Originally posted by Azabia
1. I don't think the red is nice at all.
2. The visa, paypal and mastercard pictures at the bottom are blurry.

Apart from these minor things, it's a nice looking site.

Score 85/100

That's a color preference, and I'm sorry you don't like red. Yeah, I couldn't find better images for the payment buttons. If you know of anywhere that does, I can just replace the files. :cool:

Thanks for the input!

Back