• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.silenceimpaired.com - by Aaron

silenceimpaired

www.silenceimpaired.com is hosted by atspace.com, a free 50 mb web hosting site - I've recently gotten errors for certain pages and am wondering if it's me or them... and if it is them, I need a new host. (Recommendations welcomed for free hosting - on a future post I may ask for paid hosting but not now.)

Does the image link work on the gallery for you?
http://www.silenceimpaired.com/theartgallery.htm -> (www.silenceimpaired.com/Galilee.htm)
or did you miss the fact that you could click it completely?

Also I am concerned with the speed of loading, I would love to know what dial-up's think as well as broadband users. In regards to this request, I am looking for preceived speed - how long it takes you... does it feel too long, and how long it actually takes. (Is my site too much of a bandwidth hog, and if so how can I change that without ruining my site?)

Also, I would love to know what you think of the layout, and functionality of my site.

Thank you guys for your time and interest.

Aaron

Last edited:
I am on 1MB Broadband and it loads quite quickly. I would however like the design better if it was in the center of the page instead of to the left as it is currently. Other than thats its a great website.

I agree with Yellowmc. It needs to be centered more. I am on dialup for the current time and it loads a tad slow but it is nothing to worry about. Maybe 20 seconds.

Regards,

So what is a good well known free host?

So atspace.com has unlimited bandwidth, but they keep on having random failures... what is a well known free host I could switch to?

I switched!

I switched to "APT-Hosting.net". Is the speed still reasonable? - Does everything seem to be working? And finally any improvements (besides alignment - i.e. centering the page, working on that)
THANKS!

Back