• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.nuke.to (another cheap host similar to discount-hosting)

21ms? What's the size of the packet you send and what's your connection?

Originally posted by Phrozen
Yes I know that, but if it lasts at least a month you'll get your moneys worth.

true true... but it would still be pretty inconvenient having to set it all up again somewhere else

Phrozen - 69 bytes about the same speed as you. I tested with 32B, wasn't much difference. Must be that you are in US. :crysad:

Originally posted by meow

Hey curiousity. So you really think Directoris has a hopeful future? I mean, nothing happens with the rest of their site and they will be giving away accounts the year out. I'm beginning to get scared that if I build something there using my unlim. subs, I will stand without hosting in January and a site that would be expensive to host else where since subs usually cost.

Well, I said hopeful because I am thinking optimistically. They have told me that they will move their current server to a new server located in the USA so I hope that the speed will improve. However, they have said that 2 weeks ago but I have not heard any new announcement about the completion of the move yet...so I am a little bit disappointing there. I will have to wait.

But I suggest that you put your site in a good and more stable host like valuablehost or discount-hosting if you have any of these two. DH has its back-up in the mother/main host in France and has been around for much longer than directoris. Valuablehost is new, but because they are active and involved and their hosting seemed to be good now, I would also trust them with my site. I have 3 hosts and have divide my site among them based on the importance of each section of my site. If one host goes down, at least I still have the other 2 to back it up and the site won't be too badly damaged. Since I paid the most with valuablehost, that is my main dependance.

I am still observing nuke.to though. This is on the top of my list to watch now.

Pah, they told me that in April before I bought the account. But they also said "before the end of this year".

No, those hosts aren't an alternative. What I meant was that if one really uses their one big feature, subdomains, it will be very costly to keep the site up if they go down. I too hope they will stay up. But I don't feel comfortable until I see them make some continuos income.

Originally posted by mugma
Just signed up for their twenty day trial, I might as well check it out... the only big question is how long it will last... (the host, not the 20 day trial ;)

For only $10 it might be ok to buy hosting for just one year... I'll see how the trial goes and then decide ;)

Wow, I just wrote a load of crap...

Hi all, I'm the owner of nuke.to.

Mugma, I'm sorry but we did not receive your order or any orders as our trial order form is down for the last 2 days. We just made aware of this few minutes ago. We've made the annoucement on our forum about this. Meanwhile if your're still interested pls email us your domain name and your name to hosting@iiza.net. We'll create your account asap. We do apologize for this incovenience.

For everybody info our server is located in vdi.net. Its considered as one of the best small noc out there. Many hosting company server is located there 2.

We hope u give us a chance to prove ourself that we're committed to bringing the best budget hosting package for less.

Many thanks

Webbie

Last edited:
Back