• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.nuke.to (another cheap host similar to discount-hosting)

curiousity

I just read in this forum about the new host called http://www.nuke.to

It is just $10/year like discount-hosting BUT unlike DH, it also has .cgi and I think they have a CPanel control.

Unfortunately it is really new so don't know about its track record yet.
If this last for a long time, it could be a better alternative to discount-hosting.

They also have a trial period like DH, but they have a 20-day trial instead of a 30-day trial.

Last edited:
I'd certainly be interested in hosting there... has more features than I pay $6/mo for! If it lasts, I'll certainly sign up ;)

$10/Year seems quite fishy. I don't know it the price looks very low to me... probably because I pay $29/Month for hosting.

wow, you must need a lot of resources...

Wonder how long nuke.to will last... lol, guess only time will tell...

I use below10 too :) A custom package, just what I need - 100MB, 2Gig, minimal emails and lotsa subdomains

nuke.to's forum doesn't look too busy... either they are providing other support after all, or they're not getting much custom...

The host is only 1 week old. That is why the forum is not that crowded yet.

Like I said, this host is similar to discount-hosting.com except that it even has .cgi.

I am happy with discount-hosting.com for its $10/year since March. It is fast and very reliable. I just hope that this host would be just as good, if not better.

I don't have the answer for that question. I have not signed up with them yet but just looking. I do have a host at discount-hosting and believe that they can cover this cost because they also have a parent company in France which charge more money and offers other more options. But as far as this nuke.to host, I just have to observe and see.

By the way, so far I have 3 of the cheapest host around:

1. Discount-hosting (cheap, fast, and reliable)
The drawback: no cgi, cannot upgrade, minimal support

2. Directoris.com (super cheap)
The drawback: slowest of the 3, the future is uncertain but hopeful.

3. Valuablehost (good price, good speed, plenty of features, good support) I have the V-5 plan
The drawback: Still new, hope they will last long.

Of the 3 I have the combination of:

50 MB + 250 MB + 350 MB = 650 MB
5 gig + 5 gig + 6 gig = 16 gig/month bandwidth
$10 + $14 + $60 = $84

So 650 MB + 16 gig/monh for $84 this year and $70 the following year (since directoris is a one time fee) is a GREAT DEAL!!!!!

Just signed up for their twenty day trial, I might as well check it out... the only big question is how long it will last... (the host, not the 20 day trial ;)

For only $10 it might be ok to buy hosting for just one year... I'll see how the trial goes and then decide ;)

Wow, I just wrote a load of crap...

Keep posting about them please , mugma. :)

Hey curiousity. So you really think Directoris has a hopeful future? I mean, nothing happens with the rest of their site and they will be giving away accounts the year out. I'm beginning to get scared that if I build something there using my unlim. subs, I will stand without hosting in January and a site that would be expensive to host else where since subs usually cost.

fws
30 packets received/30 transmitted : 0% PACKET LOSS
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 143/140/141

nuke.to
30 packets received/30 transmitted : 0% PACKET LOSS
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 112/108/109

It means they are faster than this site. :)
But I saw a thread at their forum that indicates that they maybe not host sites on the same server their own site is on. They were very anxious that a guy hosted by them would test the speed of his site.

Ah, well as soon as my free trial comes through I'll let you know so you can check the speed, if you would be so kind ;)

I'm sure everyone here will gladly check the speed of your site from all over the world. 10 bucks. Gee!:D

Let's hope the server they put their sites on are as fast as the one their main site is on. I got an average ping of about 21ms to their site.

Yes I know that, but if it lasts at least a month you'll get your moneys worth.

Back