• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

www.aussnet.com - so easy

What is it on, a 56k? After 2 minutes the site still hasn't loaded. I'm getting 1500ms pings too.

<<<EDIT>>>

It's Telstra ADSL. Now are you sure you can offer unlimited transfer on a 64kbps line?

<<<EDIT AGAIN>>>

I stand corrected. It's Telstra ISDN. That make me feel a lot better.

Last edited:
telstra isdn actually.

i don't own the server, i just have access to it.
i built the hosting application running there - it has no bandwidth or account size restrictions.

Don't really see why you'd want to though. It would take you 10 years just to download one considering the max. bandwidth for all of the users is about 8kBps.

yes there are file restrictions, uploads are limited to images, flash movies and database files. the fundamental purpose of this application is bannerless ASP hosting, something which i have found to be very rare to find!

Uhh, I believe http://www.brinkster.com/ offers bannerless ASP hosting too, so don't expect much sign-ups simply because of that feature. Sure, it's nice, but not worth it if your site will load so slow that nobody would want to return to it.

yes, all well and true. however, the last time i tried brinkster, which was a considerable amount of time ago, the url to my account was extremely long, as oppossed to www.host.com/username/ - as for the bandwidth issues, as stated earlier, the server is not mine. the application is in testing phase at the moment (thus the reason for even posting here to begin with) - if enough people take to using this, i shall address the hosting issues then.

It seems very fast, took less than a sec to load and i'm on 56kbs... probably cos I live in Australia though.

How on earth are you going to offer this with telstras 3 gig monthly cap? Not to mention, telstra havent been to reliable as of late.

evilhaze: I thought that was for cable?
Hayama-kun: You can't even download 300 megs a day on this thing. That's why there's no bandwidth restrictions.

evilhaze: i guess you didn't read this above, so i'll repost it.

"as for the bandwidth issues, as stated earlier, the server is not mine. the application is in testing phase at the moment (thus the reason for even posting here to begin with) - if enough people take to using this, i shall address the hosting issues then."

Back